Cards WR Anquan Boldin: "No More Excuses"

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Platoon 86, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Arizona WR Anquan Boldin looks at the Cardinals and sees nothing they need, and how many Cardinals players have ever thought that? There's a new coaching staff, a promising young quarterback in Matt Leinart, an elite running back in Edgerrin James, Pro Bowl receivers in Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, talent on defense and a stadium that is sold out for the second consecutive year. What the team lacks, Boldin said, are excuses for having another losing season. "I think it's a critical year, period, not only for the fans but for ourselves," Boldin said. "I think everything is in place now. We have the coaches that we wanted. I think we have the players in place.

Source: Kent Somers, The Arizona Republic

2. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

unless they change their name..the season is already over..they're the cardinals, they are destined for yet another losing season..

3. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

We'll see what you're saying when your 69ers finish behind us this year

4. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

:tsk: Man that's like my 6 year old talking crap too me...however if it happens it happens.

5. jaybird15

jaybird15 Starter

Hell Yeah! Stepping up I like that crap, it's about time that these guys talk like that. Good for them, "change the culture".

6. P16

I guess if your 6 year old beats you twice a year.. :icon_neutral:

7. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Okay what's worse:

Your team beating us twice last year...or...when we went 2-14 and both wins were against you?

8. P16

Twice last year and twice the year before that.

And probably losing to us 4 times straight, we lost to you twice in OT that year, and you were 2-14. There are no bragging rights at 2-14..

9. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

just like there are no bragging rights for any last place team....

10. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Exactly...I could use the old we have five rings blablabla...however until your team actually does something just sit back and enjoy the game. Like I said if you beat us twice again so be it the world will still revolve either way.

11. P16

Until the 69ers beat us we have all the bragging rights as of now, who gives a crap about the rings you won in the 80's. This is 2007 and you haven't beaten us in 2 years. 2 years ago when you beat us twice, I wouldn't have talked any crap about the Niners.

12. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

First off you don't have bragging rights...one winning season in the last 20 years. Even the teams that beat us(regular season) during our SB years did they have bragging rights? Man the last thing a cardinal fan can do is brag...oh what my bad there is one thing...being the consummate fan of a crapty butt franchise.

13. P16

Yep a consummate fan of a crapty butt franchise that beat your team 4 times in a row (and counting). Win a game against us and we'll talk.

14. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Fine see ya on Tuesday morning....then what will I hear? Well...errrr....but...noway...but....but...we...errr....beat four straight before this.:icon_cry: Anyway good luck and hope there are no injuries.

15. P16

Nope, if you guys beat us on Monday I'll be happy to call you guys the better team. See ya on Tuesday morning.

16. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

since 1980 the 49ers are 14-7 against the cardinals..and have had 2 five game win streaks....before the 4 game win streak the niners had beaten the cards 3 straight times...so after they pummel the cards on monday night, it'll end your ridiculous claims of being the better team despite your last place finish

17. P16

What's with Niners fans and using statistics that go back 25 years? What relevance does that have to either of our teams now exactly?

Oh, and we'll see who does the pummeling I guess, no way I can make a point there till Tuesday.

18. P16

Here to eat my words, though I do not believe the Niners are the better team. We outplayed you at home, with the exception of the last drive, and will absolutely murder you when you come to AZ. But good game, you guys were right, I was wrong. Cheers.

19. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Shut em DOWN haha. :icon_cheesygrin:

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Waiting for the words..."You guys are definitely the better team" :icon_cheesygrin:

That's bogus, you tell us you'll say we are the better team IF the Cards lose and you give us "though I do not believe the Niners are the better team", well some things never change with the Cards and their fans. The excuses still run large and your season is still tanking, but you got a pretty stadium even though it's called The University of Phoenix Stadium.

Anquan, take a look at the offensive line then shut up...