#1 Saftey

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by p-rob88, Sep 5, 2007.

1. p-rob88

p-rob88 Slacker

I hear arguments all the time on who the top safteys are in the league.Here are my top five.Also feel free to give reasons why

1:Ed Reed
    2:Sean Taylor
    3:Brian Dawkins
    4:Troy Polamalu
    5:Adrian Wilson

BNG HAIL!

2. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

This was done a few months back, Dam will be over in a bit to tell you how Bob Sanders is god but I'm hear to tell you that Sean Taylor does NOT belong in any top 5 safety discussion.

Talent wise, he has it all, but he still tries to go for the kill shot too much and doesn't play with the intelligence needed at times. As a physical specimen, he has the tools to be the best in the league but until he learns how to make the safe play rather than the highlight reel play, he's all hype.

I really hope this is finally the season he gets it all together, if he does, look out. As it is, I think we'll all be saying how Laron Landry is actually the better player.

3. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

There is no way in hell Taylor is ahead of Polamalu, Wilson or Dawkins. Or Roy Williams or Bob Sanders.

4. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

hmmm

Reed I'd say

5. Jbuch79

Jbuch79 Rookie

Adam Archuleta

....I kid I kid, :lol:

I say Reed for now, but that could change as a couple of those guys are pretty close.

6. jaybird15

jaybird15 Starter

I would like to put Taylor in there league, but he doesn't consisently make plays. He is willing to give up a touchdown for a kill shot. I love him to death, but he isn't there yet. He needs to learn.

I would say Troy is second.

7. P16

Mine would be:

1. Polamalu
    2. Ed Reed
    3. Brian Dawkins
    4. Adrian Wilson
    5. Roy Williams

8. TorresA

TorresA Starter

Taylor has the skills he just needs to go back a little more to fundamentals. Put if he's on, no one wants to go over the middle. Can't wait to see ST and LL back there this Sunday.

9. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Bob Sanders over Roy Williams

And not that he should be top 5 but do yall even know who Chris Hope is?

10. TorresA

TorresA Starter

I not saying a top Safety but I think AA will do decent in Chicago. Bad system for him to be in DC

11. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 NFL Fans Refugee

QFT

Sanders, Taylor, and Hope hm

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

1. Ed Reed
    2. Troy Palomalu
    3. Brian Dawkins

Those would be my top 3 off the top of my head. Sean Taylor isn't close yet because he's yet to learn how to cover, recognize routes quickly or make the smart play. For pure highlight reel hits, he's at the top. If he can grasp the mental aspect of the position to get close to his physical abilities, then he'll be a perennial Pro Bowler.

13. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Agree Garnett. A close #4 is Adrian Wilson (from Arizona).

Taylor doesn't play with his head enough yet. Roy Williams couldn't cover my 16-month old daughter, but is DEVASTATING against the run. BTW, Cowboys fans, have they ever thought of putting him at LB, or even using him as a strictly-in-the-box player?

14. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

Taylor may eventually get there, but I don't see how roy williams is in this conversation at all. He cannot even cover TE effectively.

15. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

in my opinoin I would have to say!
    1. Ed Reed
    2.Troy Polamalu
    3.Bob Sanders
    4.Brian Dawkins
    5.Roy Williams

16. P16

Adrian Wilson has to be somewhere in the top 5, c'mon.. :icon_lol: