Colts D

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by TDJets72027, Sep 7, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Is the Colts D THIS good or is the Saints O Overrated?:icon_eek:

2. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I think you have to give the Colts D credit. They weren't perfect but not far off. They swarmed to the ball well and once they had the Colts chasing, teed off on the passer with Mathis especially getting consistent pressure.

Rob Morris looks almost rebound on the outside after being a horrible mike man and is showing last year is more than just a flash in the pan. The safety combo were very active in swarming to assist the run defense.

I do feel the Saints didn't get McCallister going inside often enough but on the whole, I think you give the Colts their due.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Despite those losses the Colts had during the offseason, especially on defense, their defense looks like it's picked up right where it left off in the playoffs.

I only saw the first half of the game then went to bed. When I woke up and saw the score this morning, I said "holy crap."

4. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I'd say the D is good, they played real well

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They were extremely impressive. I can't wait to see them against the Patriots.

6. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Its 1 game into the season, I'm not about to call the Colts D good or the Saints O overrated. The Saints had an off game, they didn't look prepared at all. Don't expect them to play like that in Week 2, and don't expect a repeat performance by the Colts defense when they start facing better prepared teams.

7. Ec_the_Le

Ec_the_Le Starter

They looked like they were finally tackling people.

8. jaaks

jaaks Starter

It's only one game, but man, they were hitting hard!

9. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

They were that good last night! Whether or not they play at that level the rest of the season remains to be seen. If they do:

OH, Baby!!!!!

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

They were impressive last night, I'm interested in seeing how they fare as the season progresses.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Funny thing is.....everyone predicted a "shootout" in the nfl gameday thread. Colts d looked as good as it did at the end of last season and if they continue that effort this year.....we'll be talking repeat soon.
    I did ask the question in the gameday thread about how the colts d would play and i felt that was the key to the game....I certainly didnt expect their d to hold saints to 3 points but...key was how well colts d played.

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You could say the same thing about any team's defense being the key in any game. If the Saints defense would have pitched a shutout, they would have won.

13. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Source: NYTimes

14. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

Here's the thing, guys: 173 yards per game rushing (given up last season), 173 ypg rushing, 173 yds, 173 YDS, 173 YARDS RUSHING PER GAME.

IT'S KILLIN ME!!!!!!!!

You know what? The TEAM went 12-4! The Defense wasn't that bad.

And Now They Are Better, Using Home-Grown Replacements.

I know ESPN is amazed, but why are you?

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Sorry.....:icon_neutral:

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You know, I was surprised as hell, personally. I expected a dropoff by the Colts, they weren't very good defensively most of last year and considering the losses this offseason, I figured at the very least that they would need some time to gel and maybe make another late run. But wow. Props to Dungy and the defense, that was impressive. Looks like we're getting a 32 pick at this point :(

17. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

Its the best Defense since the 85 Bears.
    I've never seen anything like it in my life.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh c'mon now. Don't be ridiculous. Were you even alive in 1985?

19. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

I can only hope, but somehow I doubt it. That would be really nice though. :icon_mrgreen:

20. JLambert

JLambert Starter

Its probably already been said, but the Saints stepped on their own Johnson. They were more interested in highlighting "The Reggie Bush Show" then playing intelligently. A lot more Deuce McAllister against the Colts light/fast/small D was what the Dr. ordered.