WDIS: Week 2 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Week 2 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)

WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for week 2 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:

* Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    * How many do you start at that position?
    * Who are they playing?

For example:
    WDIS Thomas Jones vs NE or Tatum Bell @ OAK. We start 2 RBs and my other starter is Joseph Addai.
    We get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.

SUN, SEP 16
    Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00PM
    Buffalo at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM
    New Orleans at Tampa Bay 1PM
    Houston at Carolina 1:00 PM
    Atlanta at Jacksonville 1:00 PM
    Indianapolis at Tennessee 1:00 PM
    San Francisco at St. Louis 1:00PM
    Green Bay at NY Giants 1:00 PM
    Seattle at Arizona 4:05 PM
    Minnesota at Detroit 4:05 PM
    Dallas at Miami 4:05 PM
    NY Jets at Baltimore 4:15 PM
    Oakland at Denver 4:15 PM
    Kansas City at Chicago 4:15 PM
    San Diego at New England 8:15 PM

MON, SEP 17

Washington at Philadelphia 8:30 PM

2. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

I'm in an ESPN H2H league, with three starting RB spots (two RBs, and a RB/WR spot), and two bench RBs. RBs score 6 points per TD, 1 point per ten yards rushing, and 1 point per 20 yards receiving. -2 points per fumble. WSID?

Frank Gore @ STL
    Thomas Jones @ BAL
    Jamal Lewis v. CIN
    Julius Jones @ MIA
    Mike Bell v. OAK

I think I'd like to keep Gore in, since he gave me a solid 13 points last night, and it looks like Thomas Jones is too banged up to be much use for me.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd start Gore in a heartbeat, and I'm not just being a homer on that. He has an outstanding history against St. Louis for one thing, he should be coming on a little more after missing all of preseason, and although he didn't do GREAT last night, he looked a little quicker and shiftier than he did last season.

Dinged up Thomas Jones against Bal. Def? No thanks. Jamal Lewis behind Brownies Oline? No thanks. Julius Jones sharing carries with a superior back, against Miami D? No thanks. Mike Bell, starting at FB? No thanks.

Gore easy.

4. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

I've got a wide receiver/running back slot open, I had Fred Taylor there last week and he got me nothing, and I have Ronald Curry sitting on the bench, and he lit it up last week. I'm sure Taylor's numbers will get better next week, Jacksonville can't be stupid enough to completely dismiss their running game 2 weeks in a row, but Curry could continue to put the numbers he put this week up, he seems to be the Raiders only reliable option right now at WR.

So who should I start, Ronald Curry or Fred Taylor?

5. Cheezymadman

So I need a second back, since I start two RBs, and one RB/WR

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yikes. I don't think you can count on Curry to continue to put up those numbers in that offense with McCown throwing him the ball. That was also against a poor Lions defense, and I don't think either Champ Bailey or Dre Bly are going to allow Curry to repeat that performance. He might be the best option at WR for the Raiders, but they are going against a vastly superior Denver D. Sit Curry, IMO.

Jacksonville is hosting the Falcons this week, I would think Taylor could do something against them. Jones-Drew is surely going to be getting a big share of the load in the running game, and I've never been the biggest Fred Taylor fan, but if it's him or Curry, I'd go Taylor.

Ok, I have a similar one, I'm torn with my WR/RB flex position...

I'm down to Bernard Berrian at home vs. KC or Santonio Holmes at home vs. Buf...Pat Crayton is also an option I suppose, but an unlikely one

WR scoring is...

Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)

Since it's PPR, I'm not even considering a RB in the flex slot...right now I've got Berrian in there, KC defense looked horrible against a mediocre Texan offense, and Berrian had a decent game against SD.
    I did however like the game Holmes had this week, or at least the first half of it. I think he's going to have a big season, I'm just doubtful if this week he is going to have a better game than Berrian.

Input? Like I said, I'm feeling Berrian personally, but it's the only spot I really have a question about on this team, so any other opinions would be great.

Sorry about that, for some reason I read that as you had one guy set and this was your list of potential 2nd starters. Dunno how I did that, :p, but whatever.

So Gore, and I would say Jamal Lewis. Cincy's defense had a good game overall last night, but I am not sold on the idea that they can do it consistently...I don't really think Lewis is going to have a great game, but the rest of your options are worse, IMO.
    Like you said, Jones is dinged up, and the Ravens are pretty damn good defensively.
    Julius Jones didn't look very good at all against NY, Barber really outshone him, and he is going to be sharing the load in a best case scenario. Probably a considerable minority of the load at that.
    Mike Bell is a fullback.

7. wide right

RB:
    Gore
    Jones

At wr/rb:
    Who are the WRs you have to choose from? I don't really like any of your RBs. If I had to pick one I guess Jones.

What is your league scoring? That matters when making choices like that.

8. Cheezymadman

Okay, so Lewis in the second RB spot... What about that flex spot? I'm starting Harrison and Brandon Marshall at WR, but I've got Hines Wards, Marques Colston, Darrell Jackson, Jerricho Cotchery, and Joe Jurevicius on the bench.

Yeah, I know, weighed down with WRs. I missed our draft, it went on my pre-rankings.

9. wide right

Holmes in a heartbeat.
    Buffalo's secondary is decimated and easy to light up.

Hines Ward for the same reason Walnuts should start Holmes.

10. Cheezymadman

I just realized that. Thanks for backing me up. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

11. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

If you have Reggie Brown would you drop him for Brandon Marshall? Same question for Duece McAllister.....would you drop him for someone like Tatum Bell or Derrick Ward?

For my other league.....is Donte Stallworth "worth" keeping on my team? Picking up Santonio Holmes or Brandon Marshall? I have to start 3 WR's, obviously going to start Torry Holt, but I also have Deion Branch, Lee Evans, Stallworth and Ronald Curry....I want to keep Ladell Betts as my Flex player...so which 3 do I start? Or do I bring some outside help in, I'm really thinking of dropping Stallworth and picking up Marshall.

12. wide right

NO and NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never overreact to what happens in week 1. Reggie Brown is still the #1 WR for the Eagles. They had a bad game. He'll get his numbers soon enough. Duece is a proven fantasy back. What has Bell ever done and why would Ward all of a sudden give you better numbers than McAllister? Ward may even split carries with their #3 back, plus Jacobs will be back in a month. Bell is average to above average at best. Drop a scrub if you really want him. Who else is on your roster?

Please include your league scoring with WDIS questions as league rules greatly affect a player's value.

In the absence of that I guess I'd say Holt, Evans, and Branch this week.

Drop Stallworth for Holmes.

13. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I'm debating about starting Burress this week. I have Brandon Marshall and Jericho Cotchery on the bench. I'm leaning towards Marshall because the Jets have a tough matchup. My other two starters are Heinz Ward and Steve Smith.

Here are my scoring rules:
    Receiving
    TD Reception 6 2pt Receiving Conversion 2
    Every 10 receiving yards 1 Each reception 1

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

KEEP Reggie Brown AND Deuce McAllister.

I personally like Santonio Holmes more than Marshall and Deion Branch and well over Curry. I dont see Curry continuing his week 1 production for long and he won't always be facing a weak Lions defense.

15. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

OK sorry about not putting in the league scoring, here it is

Rushing:
    Rushing Touchdowns 6.0 point(s) for each
    Rushing Yards 1.0 point(s) for every 10 yard(s)

Receiving:
    Receiving Touchdowns 6.0 point(s) for each
    Receiving Yards 1.0 point(s) for every 10 yard(s)

I already have Fitzgerald starting for me, so that is not changing, but I also have Anquan Boldin in my WR/RB flex spot....should I either start him or Duece McAllister? Other league do you start Ladell Betts or Ronald Curry in your flex spot? Or do you bench Evans against Pittsburgh's D and start Ronald Curry? League scoring is the same as other league.

Getting back to dropping players, I mentioned Ward because I do have Jacobs on my team, I also have Ladell Betts on my bench and Alexander and Travis Henry starting at RB. I was actually going to drop Owen Daniels, my backup TE to get Ward. I'd also like to drop Stallworth, but now that I look Holmes and Marshall are not available, best available is Randle El. So I think I'll keep my WR....best RB available is Chris Brown and Ward.

In my other league

16. wide right

I'd go with Marshall.

Duece, Betts, Evans

I'd stay put with what you have now that Holmes is gone. Randal El, Brown, and Ward don't impress me.

17. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Duece over Boldin?

18. wide right

I would. NO plays TB this week and coming off the beating IND gave them I think they'll bounce back and Duece will be a part of that. As much as everyone loves to pimp Reggie Bush in the media, Duece is still the better ff RB in a non-ppr league. You already have Fitzgerald playing, do you want to put all your eggs in one basket? Seattle, even though they were only playing TB, last week only gave up 200 yds passing. ARI however did beat SEA last season when Leinart played so that is something else to consider. It's a tough choice you have to make but I'd always go stud RB over stud WR.

Maybe Garnett or truelife can offer you a different opinion.

19. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Yards and TD's basically. No points for receptions or completions.

20. wide right

I may be the only person who still likes Fred Taylor. Like you said, there's no way they abandon the run 2 weeks in a row. Culpepper may start this week for OAk so I'm not jumping on the Curry bandwagon yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.