WDIS: Week 2 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll stick with Duece in my flex spot and just hope that Fitz has a big game this week. I'm still projected to win, so I'm not real worried about it.

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I need to start 2 of 3 RB's. The scoring is 1 pt per 10 yards rushing. A TD is 6 points.

Reggie Bush @ Tampa Bay
    Brian Westbrook vs Washington
    Marion Barber @ Miami

I started Bush and Westbrook last week. I'm trying to play the best match up and I'm torn between all 3 of them.

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Barber definitely. In a non-ppr league Bush is all or nothing. Washington's "D" shut down Miami pretty good last week. So I'm torn between those other two. I'd say refer to fantasy rule #1: never bench your studs. Go with Westbrook.

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I do realize Bush is all or nothing, but I'm still not sold on Tampa being able to do anything against a NO team who's had 10 days to prepare and are looking to shake off a very bad performance last week. I may go Westbrook and Barber and hope I can get a TD from each.

5. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

I have a hard choice to do in two different leagues:
    Hasselbeck or Delhomme??
    Hasselbeck is a very reliable option butDelhomme come from a major performance.
    who would you start?
    we start one Qb and settings are:

League 1
    Passing Attempts (-1)
    Completions (2)
    Passing Yards (40 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-5)

League 2:
    Completions (1)
    Incomplete Passes (-0.5)
    Passing Yards (20 yards per point; 2 points at 300 yards; 3 points at 400 yards; 1 points at 200 yards)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-6)

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I would start Delhomme based upon last week. Houston's defensive line looks improved but their secondary is still up in the air a bit. When two players are close like this, I always favor the player at home a bit more too.

7. wide right

I completely agree with Garnett's post. Go with Delhomme.

8. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Well, I did pick up Ward, because I also have Brandon Jacobs on my team, so I had to get the backup. But I'm still on the fence as to who I will start for my flex spot....do I go with Ladell Betts against the Eagles, or do I go with Derrick Ward against the Packers?

9. wide right

What happened to starting Duece in the flex? Of the above 2 choices I'd go Betts.

10. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Duece is in my other league as my flex spot....my other league was Betts and Ward. So you'd say start Betts who will more than likely split carries with Portis more so than Ward will split carries with Droughns?

11. wide right

I just don't think Ward warrants a start yet. He had a good ypc last week but I'm not sold on him yet. I could be wrong but I'd just feel safer with Betts at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.