The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Willis looked great....our D looked good..still would like to see them get some more pressure up front...our Corners were freaking awesome...

Smith looked like crap until the last drive..I don't know what was up with the QB's but the wind might have been a factor? They were putting 8 in the box on us all night and we kept dinkin and dunkin..no stretch plays at all...

Gore had absolutely nowhere to run..I saw no sweeps just runs inside the tackle..I am definitely not impressed with Hostler....with 8 in the box they basically told Alex Smith that he'll have to actually use his arm to beat them...fortunately for us he showed up late (thank god for prevent)..

how you can ever expect anyone to be as good as Derek Freaking Smith? Those are just far too high of expectations...

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I bet Leinart had a wicked ankle/shin burn after that play..

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Im sure glad we still have Brandon Williams returning punts......He never fumbles...EVER...the guy is TOUGH AS NAILS...

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Yeah I know dude, we are so fortunate to have Brandon Williams, he's a great returner, great hands, tough as nails, great instincts, quick as lightning and he even wears #81! He's the total package in a Returner.

I mean, check out this great article about him:
    WOW!!

6. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Hall - "I don't have an excuse"

take notes Williams...

There was no wind at all, and he just botched the heck outta that punt....I can't believe he continues to be used AT ALL..for some unknown reason Nolan must love this guy..

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

why does yahoo sports have Walt Harris and Michael lewis listed as "doubtful"????

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

the same reason Lawson is out FOR THE FREAKING YEAR....this is getting ugly..

9. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

well crap...here we go again!

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I don't mind Michael Lewis being out..I still think Keith Lewis is just as good..

11. rijj

rijj chook

david baas in a two tight end set. that means pass play.

hostler is creative isn't he?

12. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

2 games in and we can already tell one thing...Hostler is a freaking moron

13. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

agreeed is vernon davis still unhappy over there in san fransisco

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

What a weekend!...not only did Alex prove he was a bust, but Vernon Davis goes down with another injury...sprained mcl...out at least 2 weeks..freaking great...

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

He might as well be out...we have a nonexistent passing game...

16. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Untrue...smith showed he can throw a pick 6 on the sideline against a prevent defense which was leaving gaping holes in the middle of the field...

17. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

So I see you have the same feelings that I have about Smith. I want to love the guy but he is making me think bust more and more every game that he plays in. What is his deal? I mean you watch every team in football and their QB is better than ours, or at least they can pass the ball for more than 250 yards. Its very freaking frustrating.

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

No kidding man, sadly Smith hasn't been anywhere near 250 yards passing so far this season. Hell, he doesn't usually get past 150 Yards passing....

19. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

he had exactly 126 yards in the first 2 games against porous defenses..thats disgraceful...

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

That's for sure! It's pathetic..:tsk:

And even when we faced Pittsburgh and we were down pretty badly, Smith just barely got over 200 yards passing..