The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

Doesnt that crap piss you guys off? I feel so uneasy when hes ready to throw a pass, I feel as if its gonna get picked. He needs to step his game up and do it now. 50 mil for this crap?

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Dude, I feel the same exact way whenever he does try to throw a deep pass, which he hasn't tried doing much this year. I can't help but think, "Crap, here comes an interception," at times. He's payed ridiculously for how he plays..

3. steadypimpin

hell yeah for the money hes making we should at least see him making 200 yard games easily w/o garbage time stats. I'll give the guy till the mid point and then I will officially call him a bust or a decent QB. For now, he looks like a heckin bust and its killing me.

Do you guys think that if we had a better qb that we would be 3-0 right now? I do, we have a solid defense and all we ask is for our offense to produce a little. Other teams have oline issues and their qbs are doing better than ours.

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Damn right, with that kind of money, he should be getting at the very least 200 yards passing per game, he can barely get past 150 yards passing sometimes, he's a joke at times. I want him to succeed but based on how he's doing so far, I'm not too confident he will.

5. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's possible, I think we'd still have had trouble with the Steelers but it would have been closer.

6. steadypimpin

true, i really want to love the guy. hell, i have his jersey but he scares the crap out of me every game. I have no problems with every aspect of our team really except for him. I cringe when he comes on the field. I dont want to find a new qb but if he keeps playing like this...

7. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I read that he's gonna get more looks in the shotgun. I'm interested to see how he responds to it, as he was great in college from the shotgun.

8. steadypimpin

Thats all he's looked good in this year was in the gun. I hope he does do more gun plays.

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Yeah, I think we could possibly be 3-0 right now if we had a decent QB who can put up some numbers. I don't know if I'd consider the D, "Solid" but they get the job done often. Pittsburgh at home is a tough opponent, we wouldn't of had a huge shot of winning even with a "decent" QB, but maybe we could of if we had a "great" QB, something we haven't had in a while.

I've noticed Jon Kitna has put up plenty of passing yards behind Detroits O-Line in all 3 of his games. Detroit's line definitely has some issues..

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

if anything, it brings the d-line up the field more opening some running lanes for Gore...

at times? Smith has yet to prove he can win a game with his ARM....not once has that 50 MILLION DOLLAR ARM won a game...

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I meant some of his games wind up a lot worse than others, not claiming he's winning games with his arm, he's not.

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

It was stupid to try and convert him to begin with. They should have seen he wasn't going to be capable of running an offense under center from his first - midway through his second season....

13. steadypimpin

So true, they really need to call plays that play to his strengths.

14. steadypimpin

So now what do we do? I think we should try and make a trade for another teams backup because ours arent good. If Smith comes back he wont be the same

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

he cant be any worse than he's been....50 mill down the drain....

16. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Doesn't really matter if he came back the same. He wasn't good back then either. Our QB situation is pretty bad right now, we need a decent QB if we are going anywhere good.

17. steadypimpin

as long as nolan is here we will be sticking with smith. He can come back from injury but I think he will do worse than he was before.

18. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

well, if he elects to have season ending surgery someone may emerge and prove themselves worthy, opening the eyes of Nolan and having an "open camp" It's the perfect opportunity to send Smith on his way without catching too much flack about it.

19. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

who has a backup qb worth picking up? Matt Cassel from the Pats? He hasn't seen much playing time, but he's supposed to be decent, at least better than what we have?

20. I bleed Sooner red

I bleed Sooner red Fans refugee

You're completely offbase with your nonstop complaints about Smith. It's not his fault that we are 2-2. He's a main reason we won those first 2 games, minus a big run by frank against the rams. But the problem is the atrocious OL and the WR depth gives him absolutely no help minus a few catches by Vernon and a Jackson or Battle catch here and there.
    Start complaining about something else for once instead of just being the typical person trying to blame the quarterback.