Congrats Patriots fans

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Chrisbob, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Probably should put this in the game day thread but I'll do it separately here.

Congrats on completely killing my team today. Not like you needed the help but given we also turned it over 4 times, the skins only have themselves to blame for being blown out.

I have no problem with the fact the Patriots kept on coming, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would want my team to keep on playing hard as if they were down by 3. That's why the Pats are so good and why they look likely to go back to the Super Bowl.

Good teams show no mercy, good teams just keep coming and that's what the Pats did today. If the Skins didn't want to get blown out, they should have done something about it themselves.

Congrats on the win.

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

good man chrisbob....the pats are a serious team, one of the best i've seen in a long time.

3. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Thanks CB. We be loaded. I can't believe how many picked an upset this week. I guess they haven't been watching all the Pats game like I have. I don't know if this team rates with the best of all time. Time will tell. Next week is a big step.

4. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

It's not just on the field the Pats are looking like kings, it's off the field. Randy Moss for a 4th rounder, sure there was risk but what type of risk is that? Hardly any. Wes Welker for a 2nd round pick only looks better when you take into consideration the Dolphins then spent the 9th overall pick replacing him!

When Brady first came in, he was a good game manager type who has now become the focal point and the Pats FO and BB knew if they got him more weapons he'd be near unstoppable and that is provng the case.

The Pats draft well, make solid free agent moves and clever trades and to top it off, they have coaches who put the players in the right places to make plays.

This team has to be clear favourites for the Super Bowl now although the Colts will give them a good test and the scary thing is a lot of this team bar a few vets on D can still be there and contributing over the foreseeable long term.

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Yes, congrats, I thought we were going to put up at least a decent fight, boy was I freaking wrong.

I still disagree with running up the points, but you still had a W either way.

6. seanq

seanq Starter

I understand why you might be frustrated with that HailttRedskins. But take a look back at some of the best teams in NFL history, including the 2004(?) Colts when Manning was breaking all those touchdown records and lighting everyone up, and you will see an abundance of similar scoring differentials.

As Chrisbob points out, the best teams just keep on coming. I really, honestly don't think it is personal, or in any way meant as a sign of disrespect. The Patriots were starting to rotate in backups by the third quarter and had more backups in longer as the game went on. But they don't want to get in the habit of getting lazy in the second half either. I think it is more about staying in game shape and trying to improve on fundamentals so they can keep their edge and be prepared for the Colts next week or any team they face on a roll later this season. A hallmark of the Patriots under Belichick have been that they generally improve steadily all season long - they have just never had the perfect storm of talent and experience that they have been able to put together this year.

The Redskins are still a good team in a tough devision, which I hope they win (particularly not being much of a fan of the Cowboys :icon_wink: ).