NFL Announcers

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Fish, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

Who do you think are the best TV NFL announcers (play-by-play, color man, etc.)

I think Troy Aikman is decent. He has very good insight, he doesn't play favorites, he calls it like he sees it and doesn't talk too much. Troy and his counter-part (who I don't know) make a good team.

I don't care for Phil Simms. He DOES play favorites and I don't think he has a clue as to what he's talking about.

Jaws (Ron Jaworski) is pretty good- has good insight into the game and plays. But he talks WAY too much.

Anybody else have an opinion?

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The whole MNF team get on my tits, at times they sound like a couple of drunk blokes in the mens club, trying to sound intelligent.

But for best, I'd say Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, also I like Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, just as long as you don't listen to what they say :|

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I agree that Joe Buck and Aikman are the best and I like Jaws too but would rather see/hear him with Merrill Hoge than with Kornheiser, Still love Tony K on PTI but not on MNF. Jim Nantz is good too but no to Simms also. I used to like Enberg and Olsen....those were the days.

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Yeah, Aikman and Jaws are good, but I like our announcer on the radio. He can make a 2-yard loss sound exciting.

5. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

And is it me, or does Madden sound half drunk by half-time? And Al Michaels is more biased than a mom at her kid's talent show.

6. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Since when does Joe Buck do NFL commentary?

I'd have to say Costas is my favorite. No jokes, no bullcrap, just calls the game like he's supposed to.

On the other end, I can't stand Kornheiser.

7. Stalker Clints

Stalker Clints SpreadtheIris.com

I normally Turn down the TV and Listen to music and call the game my self.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Joe Buck sucks....Jaws is great until he's doing an Eagle game then his homerism hits new heights. Kornheiser just needs to die, I find myself screaming at the TV when he's talking and trying to sound like he knows football, what a loser he is, and someone tell him his hair shouldn't be combed that way.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Huh? He's picked against the Eagles in the past even when they were favored.

10. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Pfffffffffffft....Jaws was more of a homer during the Bills game....Buffalo Boy.:icon_cheesygrin:

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Joe Buck and Aikman work really well together. twinky Enberg and Randy Cross aren't bad either.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Kornheiser sucks, can't stand him. My favorites are Jaws and Al Michaels.
    Ih the pregame and halftime shows, I only guessing what Sharpe says. This guy is (at least for me) freaking hard to understand

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Olly you're not alone in your assessment of Shannon Sharpe, I just wish he would finally just swallow his tongue and be done with it.

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Thought he already swallowed it and that was the problem.:icon_eek:

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

How come Sterling has better diction than Shannon?

16. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I like Jaws because he gives pretty good insight. I usually listen the the Titans' away games on radio instead of the talking heads on CBS.

I absolutely hate the Colts play-by-play man. His voice is so damn annoying. If you haven't heard it then watch Sportcenter's "Turn Up The Volume" segment.... the Colts usually have a few plays on there.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sterling's tongue is normal sized not komodo dragon sized, which helps in the formation of words.

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

:icon_cheesygrin: Komodo Dragon Size....hahahahahaha

19. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

hmmm I thought the women all digged that in a man!:dirty24:

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well, he didn't play for Denver :icon_mrgreen: