Please Don't Kill Me For Making This Thread But

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by TDJets72027, Nov 14, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Is Alex Smith a bigger bust than Akili Smith?

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm gonna leave this thread alone. I can't wait to read Barl's response.

3. Spiderman34

Spiderman34 Starter

I'd say maybe more Joey Harringtonish.

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Do you moonlight as a nut scrubber at an all male veterans home?

Weren't you the one claiming he was going to throw for 4k yards before the season?

and if your going to pick a person to compare him to..you need to use my scale of...1 to Ryan Leaf...

He ranks a 1.5 in my book...cuz at least Ryan Leaf recognized how badly he sucks and started coaching high school golf...Sure he picks up on all the teenage poon....he may be a bust, but he uses the bust better than most...

5. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I was defending Alex Smith, but I can't defend him no mo. He is garbage.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And that's why you NEVER give a $50M contract to a kid who has never taken a snap in the pros...

7. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

He is a huge BUST. what a waste.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol, Akili Smith was here with the Galaxy and sucks crap. On the other hand, Alex Smith denied to come to Europe, bc it was so important to be with the team and learn the plays. Finally he will disappear like Akili and Ryan Leaf did, or he will be a 3th string on a crappy team.

9. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

LMAO at Barl's response, but I agree with him, Alex Smith needs to notice he sucks and move on.

He will never accomplish anything worth his contract.

10. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Hypathetical question:

If Norv Turner was still the OC in San Fran, would Smith and the offense as a whole be as bad as it is now?

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

no....Turner is a great offensive mind..he's just not a good head coach...he was able to mask a lot of the problems the niners had...namely Smith's inability to progress through more than 1-2 receivers..and to keep Smith on the move to avoid dealing with his poor pocket awareness..

12. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

Smith doesnt go through the progresions like most QB's do and he constantly locks on one reciever when he's going to throw the ball. I'm tired of the excuses people make for this guy.

13. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

get used to it...there are always apologists out there...and the homers are steadfast..

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Was looking decent last season with Norv Turner but hen as an OC he can make any QB look good (Heavy Emphasis on the OC bit).

15. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

No, for sure.

Even if A Smith is struggling week after week this year, this is not his entiere fault:
    We have the worst OC of the league :word04:
    The OL sucks badly
    our WR have hands of stone
    DJAX <<< Antonio Bryant