GIF Members FF team(s) update!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Garnett, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

T1 - 3-5...won 3 of last 4 and high scorer for the last week, definitely coming up but might be too far back to make up enough ground.

T2 - 6-2, 3 game winning streak, tied for 2nd in record, 3rd in power ranking...been juggling RB's and QB's all season to the tune of 4th overall passing, 4th overall rushing, 1st overall recieving. Lendale White being consistently good has now solidified one RB position, hoping Kevin Jones keeps it up or Maroney wakes up and takes the 2nd.

T3 - 4-4 , tied for 2nd in division, tied for 6th overall...been an epic constant juggling match at all positions except TE and K so far, keeping my head above water and actually doing well...had a couple of bad beats, doing better than the record indicates, IMO.

T4 (salary cap FF) - 2nd place, but I'm like 150 points back and pretty much out of reach. Hoping the Pats bye will force the 1st place guy to have to sell Moss and Brady, who he got on the (comparitively) cheap early...possibly bringing him down to earth a bit, doubtful I can catch up but you never know.

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

GIF Keeper on ESPN (16 teams): 2-6
    GIF League on Yahoo (10 teams): 6-2
    Another league on Yahoo with French fans (12 teams-IDP): 5-3

I definitely prefer Yahoo for fantasy football. :redface:

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I don't like that Yahoo makes you pay for stattracker, although the interface is pretty nice. My favorite out of NFL.com, Yahoo, and ESPN (the 3 leagues I am in are each in one) is easily NFL.com. Great live updates/stat tracking and all for free, very user-friendly.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Do they have IDP leagues on nfl.com?

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

So Jay Cutler goes out early and I've lost yet another player and another game. A big fat zero at the QB spot is always a big help. Screwer. So now I've lost my QB and 2 RBs in Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson. I'm getting killed this year. On the plus side however Wes Welker and TO continue to do great for me. Too bad they're all I got really.

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Team A: 2-7 I can't believe I'm this bad. I blame myself for a crapty WR group.

Team B: 8-1 I cant believe I've won 8 with a rotating RB group. I thank Randy Moss and Points per Completion (Drew Brees throws a ton of passes).

Team C: 5-4 I'm hanging in there and am befuddled by WR's and RB's every week. Next week will be a Steven Jackson, Willie Parker or Marshawn Lynch 2 of 3.

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Still in first place (tied) at 8-1. Have the top seed though by way of points. Was top scorer last week in my yahoo league. Have two tough games coming up but with my major bye weeks out of the way hopefully they wont cause a problem. I've had top score in the lague three weeks out of 8 so...that's a good sign. Gotta love having Joseph Addai and Brian Westbrook at rb's and TO and TJ at wr's. My biggest surprise player has been John Kitna at qb.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

team a - Gif keeper league i thin im 5-4 which i am suprosed at bc i didnt think i could win with my crapy team but ya never now

team b - 5-4 yahoo with some freinds im thrid place i actually go between 2nd and 3rd week in and week out

team c nfl league with some ppeps from here i think tj is there dont really know anyone elese there but im 9-0 heck yeah every week i think im gonna lose but i some how pull out a win got great wr in this one
    r moss, TO, sanotio holmes, andre johnson

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

GIF Keeper on ESPN (16 teams): 3-6 (finally a W after 6 Ls in a row, I still miss Andre Johnson et Marvin Harrison, though)
    GIF League on Yahoo (10 teams): 6-3 (given up the lead)
    Another league on Yahoo with French fans (12 teams-IDP): 5-4 (my main players can't remain scoreless any longer or I'm in trouble)

10. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

currently sit at 3-6-1 in my 10 man pay league with co workers... however i am only 1/2 game outta a playoff spot as bad as that sounds.... so now i have to hope this team can win 2 of next 3 against 2 guys ahead of me and i can finish 3rd place and a wildcard....

i think my chances are good with this revamped lineup ppr league 1 pt 10 rush rec 6 pts td's

farve bulger eli manning
    steven jackson.. ladanian tomlinson cedric benson travis henry
    torry holt steve smith deion branch donald driver jerry porter
    tony gonzales
    rob bironas
    chicago (st louis for this week)

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Going into the season your team would've been spectacular on paper. People would've asked how the heck you got Steven Jackson and LT not to mention holt and steve smith. Even now though, Holt, Driver, Favre, Bulger, Manning, and Bironas can all consistently give you points in addition to LT still being very capable.

12. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Sitting 2GB in the division going into week 11, playoffs start week 14... So, I need to win out and get some help. Luckily, I play a weak team this week, and the top two teams play each other. After that, I have the top two teams to end the regular season.

13. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

i actually started the season with

brady pennigton
    addai alexander jamal lewis ahman green
    t.o andre johnson darrel jackson chris chambers
    randy mcmichael heath miller
    pitt balt

yeah i did alot of trading this year

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

GIF Keeper on ESPN (16 teams): 4-7 (lost a close game last weekend, playoffs are almost out of reach)
    GIF League on Yahoo (10 teams): 8-3 (2nd place, pretty solid team)
    Another league on Yahoo with French fans (12 teams-IDP): 6-5 (6th place, last playoff spot... for now)

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Just beat the team tied for second place in my league by 30 points...Yahoo league (high scoring league). Looking good going towards the playoffs....Glad Andre Johnson is back and all bye weeks are over. Terrel Owens didn't do too bad for me last week either. Addai and Westbrook in backfield have been Money all year and TJ Houshmandzadeh is consistent week in and week out. Kitna at qb always gets good points with completions and yardage.

16. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Has anyone made the playoffs in their leagues?

I made the playoffs in 1 league and probably missed it in my other 2. Im still waiting the outcome of tonights game to make it fact.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

in the three leagues im in i know i have made into the playoff in two of them in one im in second place with a bye week this wek and in the other the PO schedule has not been released nut im13-0 in that league so i think i made it

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, I ended up pulling out a first place finish in my division in GIF ESPN league...I'm not sure how the playoffs are set up in my other two leagues. In one I'm 2nd in my division and 4th overall (12 teams, 3 divisions). In the other I'm 4th overall in an 8 team league, with still a week of regular play left...I'm actually tied for 4th record-wise but with considerably more points. Unfortunately my final matchup is against the top team...his team has weakened while mine has stayed consistent, but still, I have to win to be guaranteed a spot. If I lose, I have to hope the guy I am tied with loses as well.
    I'm in a solid 2nd in Salary Cap league, not gonna catch first and I'm not likely to get caught either. No playoffs there.

All in all this has been a damn enjoyable experience for being my first year playing FF. I think I'm probably hooked. Next year I will be UNSTOPPABLE!!! Hehehehe.

19. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I lost by 3 points this week eliminating me from playoff contention. Screwer! Wes Welker did nothing last night and it cost me 4th place and an appearance in the playoffs. I guess that's karma for talking too much crap to my friends last year after winning the championship.

20. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Still in first place. Three guys tied for second behind me. Only one loss so far this year, have to play one of the second place guys in the league this week but I already have top seed in playoffs locked up. We'll see what the playoffs bring. The teams behind me have had some high scores on any given Sunday but I've beat two of the three already...easily.