Is Tom Brady The Best QB Ever?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by wide right, Nov 19, 2007.

?

Is Tom Brady the best QB ever?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Bradys the best who ever played
    Source: Bob Dicesare, The Buffalo News
    Regardless of what team you are a fan of how can you watch Brady and not be impressed. The best make wining look effortless, which we know it is not. But that's what makes them the best. Joe Montana is the only QB even worth the comparison to Brady and some may argue that Brady may someday surpass him in greatness as well. The guy is just fun to watch as a fan of this sport. He's still got plenty of years ahead of him too which scary considering what he has accomplished thus far in his career. Sure there have been QBs with a better individual season here or there but the consistency of Brady is almost unparalleled. I vote yes, best QB I've ever seen.

2. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I've enjoyed watching Brady his whole career and I agree he is amazing. I'd take him over any qb in the league besides Cutler :lol: But he is great.

He can lead them to go 19-0 this year and maybe he can do it twice.

He will go down as the best QB ever to play IMO.

He will probably finish with at least 5 or 6 rings. Who knows maybe even more.

And now he is getting the stats as well. I'm glad my team doesn't play in the AFC East.
    Wideright: Whats it like when you start the year and your goal is to get a 5 or 6 seed? :lol:
    Its nearly impossible to win the division with them in it.

I applaud true fans of thier teams though. I hate the bandwagon Pats fans.

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Impressive....yes....Best Ever,......Nope...not yet anyway. Best Ever is still opinion anyway. Great QB though.

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

It's too easy to spot them. Just look for the throwback Pats logo.

5. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

We've had this discussion on the homer boards,and consensus is he's right up in there. #1 is a future consideration,but many still feel Joe Montana is holding down that spot with Brady breathing on his heels. Tom racks up another ring or two he's going to be ahead on a lot of votes. I don't feel he's any better this year,just has more talent to work with. He's had great years with little to work with,which is a bigger achievement. I've said many times if he ever got top receivers,he'd light up the NFL. This has been a great year for me personally, as far as that alone.

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

If he wins 1 or 2 more (extremely likely), yes.

7. seanq

seanq Starter

Yes he is. And I think this next year or two will convince most of the people who aren't sure yet.

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I can't believe how little love Brady is getting in the poll. Every time I watch him play I'm more convinced he's the best I've ever seen. And I hate the Pats.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I never thought I would consider someone to be better than Montana, but I'm pretty sure Brady is.

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I would say he will go down as top 3. he will either be #2 or #3. But I think Peyton Manning is now leading his team and is a little better then Tom Brady. and in the long run Peyton and Tom's race to b the greatest will be close

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I really don't think it will be even close between Manning and Brady. When it's all done, Brady probably will have more rings than any of the great QB's. Manning maybe only one. I really like Montana,but Brady puts one more Lombardi on the shelf,I'm swapping my one and two.

12. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

right now... not yet.

after keeping this up for a few more years? yeah, no doubt.

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no right nows hes just the best QB on the best team ever

14. FinFan_23

FinFan_23 Team Veteran

Now no, but if he keeps these receivers and keeps plying like he is now, he will be the best everand I hate the Pats.

15. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

John Constanine Unitas

16. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I would say no at this point....There are so many more things that make a QB great than just Super Bowl rings. Yes that is every players goal and the ultimate prize but Brady has been blessed with a great team from top to bottom around him. I will say he is on one of the greatest runs in history by a QB. When he gets the ring this year.....it will be hard to keep him out of the top spot. Now excuse me I'm going to gag myself to get the bitter taste of those words out of my mouth!:sad5:

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

that was beautifully put

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

OK.....so here's my question. What is the basis for being best qb ever? What are you all basing your opinion on? Is it records (most td's/completions/yards).....Wins?.....Championships?......Leadership?....Game changing ability?( changing the way the position is played)....what? Or is it all of the above? Are you considering the way the rules have changed in recent years or is it just what you all see now?
    Trust me...I am amazed at what Brady is doing and applaud him and his team for the Rings they've already won but I think part of what makes a person lean one way or another on their "opinion" is what they have the most recent knowledge of.....
    I am just trying to see where people are coming from as to why they see Brady as best ever....not arguing or saying anyone is incorrect because I said earlier that it is an opinion only thing...all it can ever be.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

he is one of the best but not the best not yet at least i mean you still got monatna elway just to name a few

20. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Very good points...Can you imagine some of the greats playing with these rules today? No contact after 5 yds...These guys might have added significant numbers to their career totals. Montana, Elway, Marino, Young or even Favre. The rules have been altered drastically in the last 10-15 years as far as pass interference, it's kind of scary to think how those guys would do in today's NFL.