The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

No freaking crap bro, the acting was atrocious, Topher Grace should have NEVER been in this movie, it just felt slapped together to squeeze one more out before Toby and Kirsten told them to heck off.

Two movies lately for me (I am on a documentary kick)

Watched "The Corporation", like any other documentary it's biased, but freaking scary because some of it has to be true. I highly recommend cfreaking it out if you have Netflix or something.

"The 50 Worst Movies Of All Time" was fun to watch, but had a wacky narrator and horribly done effects to it that could have been done by an 8 year old on a Mac. I really did like seeing all these horrid movies, and only had to watch 2 minutes max of any which one. Think MST3K for about 30 of these movies.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Duck Soup - 3.5 of 5 stars :buttrock:
    Ancient movie, but it was the first time I've watched the Marx brothers since being a little kid (and no, I wasn't watching them in the theaters when it was released). Some of the comedy holds up, and some doesn't. I know that Groucho gets all of the acclaim, but I really thought Harpo was excellent. The mirror scene gave me some of my biggest laughs, especially when they went down low and then the different hats in their hands. I'm going to check out Night At The Opera next.

The Valet - 3 of 5 stars :buttrock:
    It's a French romantic comedy with subtitles, so those of you who can't stand that beware. Subtitles almost never bother me though unless they are too small and hard to read. That wasn't the case here. It had a pretty good premise with some decent laughs. Both of the chicks were smoking hot, one of whom was Virginie Ledoyen who starred with DiCaprio in The Beach. Not a bad film.

3. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

got done watching the unrated version of "Live Free or Die Hard." now THIS is the version that should've been shown in theatres. really no additional scenes, just has a lot of cursing and more gore

4. DawkinsINT

I'm glad you mentioned that. I have it at home and noticed there were two different versions, but I was going to watch the theater version because I thought the unrated version would be much longer. I'll be cfreaking it out this weekend.

5. ParanoidMike

no problem, Dawk. yeah, it's not much longer than the theatrical. there's some added dialogue, and like i said more cursing and gore. but other than that, it's not much longer than the theatrical.

i highly recommend going for the unrated version. i enjoyed the PG-13 version surprisingly when i saw it at the theatre, but am glad that they put all of that stuff back in for the DVD version. should've never been PG-13 to begin with.

if you have the two-disc version, there's a cool 20 minute interview between Bruce Willis and Kevin Smith. and listening to the commentary on the unrated version, it sounds like they never meant to make a PG-13 version. it was probably pressure from the studio so it could make more money

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

"Yippy kay yeah mother (explosion)"
    The theatrical version sucked. Haven't seen the other one. Hated the lack of cursing, especially for the famous tag line.

7. ParanoidMike

if that's the only thing that bothered you, then definitely check out the unrated version. plenty of "hecks" and "motherheckers" in it

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I saw John Q (2002) in religion clbutt.

9. DawkinsINT

Superbad - 3.5 of 5 stars :buttrock:
    I thought it was funnier than Knocked Up. Even though I heard people making McLovin references previously, it was funny to see what they were talking about. The p**is pictures were hilarious.

"Oh, no...it's the cops." :rollinglaugh:

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

unrated live free and die hard was freaking amazing, and so was superbad. watched reign over me lately as well, i thought it was awesome but really depressing

11. DawkinsINT

I actually got a little choked up when Sandler finally started describing what happened outside the pysch's office. Good movie.

12. nastynate184

yea that was a hard scene to watch

13. DawkinsINT

And hard to believe that it came from Sandler. :icon_eek:

14. nastynate184

i know a real far cry from happy gilmore

15. apocalypsehoboke

Robocop and Robocop 2, those movies were awesome and were pretty good special effects wise for it's time.

I think it kind of sucks that almost all action scenes are computer animated now because you don't see things like the top of a building blowing up (a real explosion) like in Die Hard.

16. DawkinsINT

Live Free Or Die Hard - 3.25 of 5 stars
    Over the top action, but entertaining.

17. ParanoidMike

"Owning Mahowny" starring Philip Seymour Hoffman... EXCELLENT flick

18. DawkinsINT

I LOVE that movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman was so good and intense. Great performance.

19. apocalypsehoboke

Smokey and The Bandit

KICK BUTT!!!

20. ParanoidMike

totally agree. very underrated