Ads That Keep Popping Up

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Greg Brosh, Nov 19, 2007.

1. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I use IE and it only shows up maybe once a day. It's only annoying when the cable goes out.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The ads are cookies based. They are supposed to show up only once every 6 hours. If people clear their cookies the ads will think they haven't shown them to you yet.

Oh...and just so people get an idea of the lack of support we get....

In the last 30 days there has been over 300,000 ad zone views.....and out of that many views? We have had 58 total clicks. We average about 110-120 registered member a day and about 600 total unique visitors a day. All those visitors and only 58 total clicks? That's why the full-page ads are here.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's what I see most of the time

[​IMG]

other than that are sites my AV give me warnings or block it totally.

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I use IE and get it when I first come to the site...other than that I never see it, I definitely understand the need for it so it doesn't bother me at all.

5. SRW

Wow...you are STILL seeing that??? :icon_eek:

You should only see that after like the first 24-48 of the ad space being setup.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

80% that's what I see

7. SRW

Man....your ISP sucks!

I'll look into it, I have to contact the ad company to see why you are still seeing that.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

btw. the one on the bottom of the site most works

9. SRW

How about the three column ads on the front page?

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Didn't show any content except the AdBrite stuff, Mista

11. If I donate will you give me an ad free IP or some type of crazy portal that sneaks me by the adds.....surely SRW has some type of crazy mod he can download.:icon_acool: :icon_acool: :icon_acool:

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I am beginning to get a complex...am I fat? Do I need the best diet ever??

13. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

:lol:

too freaking funny... definite rep for ya!

14. At least jack me to Captian Stabbin or Milf Lessons....who would complain? Although the new Gambling spam is cool...:beer3:

15. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Muthaheck ads, but I understand why you have them.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Bumping this for anyones info.....

17. HailttRedskins

Well, Sweets somethings wrong with the code, cause I get it constantly, and I don't clear my cookies except like once or twice a week.

So that 6 hour thing is some BS.

Otherwise as I said, I understand why you have them, still hate them of course!

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well the six hour thing is set that way, so the BS is on your end HTTR..sorry, once you leave the site and come back your cookies are cleared hence the 6 hour thingy. I get it once when I log in and I don't see it again unless I leave and come back, now if it was the code we all would be getting it constantly as you call it.

19. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

i've been clicking on a ton of the ads over the past few days, hope they've been registering

20. HailttRedskins

Why would your cookies clear when you leave a site, the second you view a site you have the cookies.

Or that's what I thought.