Is Derek Anderson The Future For The Browns?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Dec 7, 2007.

?

Is Derek Anderson The Future For The Browns?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I found this article on ESPN.com and it raises some questions about Derek Anderson being the long term answers.

Here are his positives:
    And his negatives:
    Their recap was:
    So what do people think? Is Derek Anderson the future in Cleveland? Or is he a mediocre QB who's benefiting from having excellent talent to work with and a system that protects him?

2. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

IMO no hes not the future for the Browns, You don't give Quinn the money they did for him not to be the future of the franchise. Anderson may well get traded and be the future somewhere else - Atlanta perhaps

3. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

^^Going off of that; we'll see if D.A is the future when it's contract time.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I fear Anderson and that Browns offense as silly as that is but they have the potential and the weapons to drive down field and score anytime they have the ball. Anderson is a big strong QB.

5. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

He better be. He's not worth giving up a 1st and/or 2nd round pick for him.

6. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

He's not the future, but he's the best answer for right now, while the receiving corps and the o-line are at their peak. He'll start for another year while Brady learns the system, then he'll get traded away for max value.

7. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

He's their future in the sense that he's going to net them a very high pick in next year's draft.

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Very well said.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As well as Derek Anderson has played this year, I still think he's keeping the seat warm for Brady Quinn.

10. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Although he's done extremely well this year I don't think the Browns can afford to keep Quinn on the sidelines for long, I don't know about Anderson being the future but I can see him finishing this season and one more, after that it might well be time for Brady to step in... If not before that.

They're paying Quinn to do nothing otherwise and trading him will have a huge cap penalty.

11. Homer34

Homer34 BOOMSTICK!

You wait until the playoffs before you can completely answer that question. If he takes his game to another level in the playoffs, you do not let him get away.

12. Crowned

they may not get there :cryin09:

13. ncnvader

ncnvader Stewart and Williams

I think they will. and as for anderson, i think he is their best option for the future. i don't think brady will develop as a good nfl QB. :icon_toilet:

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

They didn't get Quinn to have him sit. Anderson may be better than Quinn but we will not see it on the Browns in a year or two tops. He will be gone or backing up Quinn. Recall Kitna and the Bengals a few years ago? Kitna played great but they made room for Palmer.

15. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Well, the Browns and their below average (I'm being nice) defense have very little shot of winning the Super Bowl, so I doubt Derek Anderson will "prove" anything about himself as a "winner" in the playoffs, even though it will more than likely come down to their defense sucking.

It'd be hard for them to lose 2 of their final 4 (easy schedule), and 10 wins in the AFC is a playoff team unless one of Cleveland or Tennessee wins out.

16. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

The article implies that Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards make Anderson better than he is. I disagree, neither had done anything without Anderson. Quinn is no sure thing as a pro and will defintiely set that offense back a little when he starts playing as a starter but they didn't give him 20 mill to sit on the bench for long so Anderson will probably be gone soon.

17. lostfan

lostfan Starter

They also didn't expect Anderson to start lighting crap up either. Chalk that one up as a pleasant surprise.

18. Crowned

:qft:

19. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Kellen Winslow led all TEs in receptions in 2006, so that's not entirely true.

20. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Agreed Dam...Anderson did start about 4-5 games last year though and threw to Winslow 22 times in 4 games. Edwards, 15 receptions and 3 of his 6 TD's came from Anderson in 4 games.