Is Derek Anderson The Future For The Browns?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Dec 7, 2007.

?

Is Derek Anderson The Future For The Browns?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I say either he is and if he isnt then Quinn will be. He is playing great as of late. BUt lets see how he does the rest of his career

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

qft

but i also think anderson is a better qb then brady quinn ever will be and the browns will regret letting him go one day as he comes back to cleveland and kills them

3. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

WOW, a ton of fortune telling experts. Y'all should sign up for a job at ESPN or go to Vegas with this incredible insight.....

If D.A was soo good then why did Charlie Frye beat him out for the starting job at the beginning of the year?

Not that I'm trying to cloud your crystal ball folks but Brady Quinn was drafted for a reason; he is Clevelands future. He is getting paid a lot of money to be a #2, Anderson is getting paid chump change to be a #1. Someone will take D.A and feel like the folks in NY who now have Sheli "throw it to the other guy" Manning.

D.A has had great pass blocking, he's fairly mobile, he has a wrecking ball for a running back, and two studs receiving the ball. Of course he's going to look good, crap you or I would look good in that situation.

I disagree that Quinn won't be a great NFL QB. The only reason he's still on the bench is D.A making the most of his chance after Crennel decided to make an example of Quinn after the holdout (which is pretty freaking stupid IMO..).

4. DrunkBomber

DrunkBomber Rally Rex

I think he should be and luckily for the Browns they were able to get the QB they wanted in the 20s so his contract isnt so enormous that they have to start him. Look at Brees and Rivers in San Diego. IMO, I bet if the Chargers kept Brees they would easily be a top 3 team in the league right now.

Since the QB play has been so bad in Cleveland for so long the fact that they have a lot of weapons offensively got overlooked. Braylon is a top 10 receiver in the NFL talent wise and is showing it with a viable qb. Winslow is one of the best receiving TE's in the league and Jurevicous is just about as sure handed a WR there is out there.

Theres a chance Quinn might be able to perform well with the weapons they have around them but unfortunately for Cleveland they are going to have to decide this offseason without seeing what Quinn can do in a regular season game.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Anderson get picked up by someone else and Cleveland get the first and third rounders as compensation for him. Then they could use those picks to bolster the worst defense in the NFL and Quinn wouldnt have to light it up like Anderson is.

5. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Would YOU start a rookie QB from day 1 that's missed a good amount of training camp and hasn't had time to learn a NFL offense when you know your job is on the line? I'd hope not.

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Hey if Emmit can get a job as an analyst, we're probably overly qualified!

D.A is NOT fairly mobile, unless you qualify the Statue of Liberty as "fairly mobile".

As I said earlier in the thread...DA has had more to do with making Winslow and Edwards good than the opposite.

7. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Fairly mobile (adj/verb) definition: To have enough mobility to avoid getting sacked every play. Should not be confused with being able to scramble like Mike Vick.

I disagree. Just last week Edwards SAVED DA's BUTT with a brilliant catch.

I guess if you consider errant throws making other receivers look good than you're absolutely right. cheers!

And to answer the question lostfan, no I'm not advocating that Quinn should have started after missing most of camp. But if he is the future for Cleveland; MY PERSONAL OPINION is to find out sooner than later. The ONLY reason I don't think Cleveland should go with Quinn atthis moment is because they are seeing some level of success not seen for some time. BUT if the wheels fall off; I say throw the kid in the fire and see what he can do.. more time to acclimate to the offense on the field, the better chance at success next season.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I do liken it again to Palmer and Kitna situation. The Bengals knew exactly what they had in Kitna and he had a very good season for them.....then they started Palmer. The team thinks they know what they have but until he plays the season they can't know for sure. Kitna can still play and maybe that's what we will see with Anderson also. If he takes the Browns to playoffs this year and they start Quinn next year he will be a good back up for a year and then will file for free agency and off to a new career. Am i a crystal ball reader? Hardly....do I have an opinion on the thread?....yes.

9. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

And that's my point; D.A is a decent QB, but he will only get you so far. BQ has the intellect AND the ability to get them to where they want to be.

PS; being a Michigan man, all of my rhetoric has been hard to swallow.....

10. DarthGator

DarthGator Global Mod at Fans

I would love to see him in Chicago....for the right price

11. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

At least his fibula won't crack at the sign of a sack.....:icon_cheesygrin:

Would be a good proving ground for him though.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes. We're heading to Brees/Rivers II.

I think the Browns will keep both QBs for one more year and then get rid of one. Just like the Chargers, I think the Browns will franchise Anderson and then cut him after next season. The cap hit they would take for cutting Quinn would be big.