Reid: 'It's Not All Donovan'

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sportsguy, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

You open your ears and listen. "It's not all Donovan," coach Andy Reid said at his Monday news conference after the Eagles' 16-13 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday. "Everybody has a little piece of the pie on this thing. I've said that before." Yes, the coach has said that before, many times before and more than ever this season. In fact, you can't believe what you're hearing and you wonder why you even bothered opening your ears. It's not all quarterback Donovan McNabb's fault that the Eagles are 5-8 and have had more problems scoring than a homely mutt at the Westminster Dog Show. "Starting with me, we can all do a little bit better," Reid said. This, too, you've heard before. So you tune out and you turn on the game tape positive that you'll discover it's mostly McNabb's fault that the Eagles managed only 13 points, marking the seventh time in the 10 games he has started and finished that the offense has scored 17 or fewer points. What do you discover? It's not all McNabb's fault. Not even close.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Blah Blah Blah. It's not all McNabb, but McNabb certainly isn't doing much to help the team right now.

if he put as much emotion into his quarterbacking style as he does acting like a jackass clown on the NFL Network, he would be a heck of a lot better.

3. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

He's the QB, leader of the on field offence. Sorry, if everyone is screwing up, he has to take the responsibility.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's T.O.'s fault.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

reid is the HC/GM, the leader of the entire team, sorry, if everyone is screwing up he has to take the responsibilty.

6. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

On a higher level, I agree with you, but as far as the players go, McNabb has to take the heat

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear you but he is too thin skinned to do it.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

McNabb certainly has been part of the problem, particularly with holding the ball too long, but without question Reid and the playcalling have been a much much bigger problem.

9. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

like Reid says in EVERY SINGLE PRESS CONFERENCE

He has to work on getting the players in better position to make plays.

He's been working on this for 9 years now

10. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Yeah i just straight up think its mainly mcnabbs fault when feeley was playing he did managed the offense very well besides from the interceptions he had moved the ball down the field most of the time spreading the ball around alot but when mcnabb comes back you see alot of 3 and outs and i usually see some widerecievers give up on the plays he just doesnt manage the offense well.

11. eaglesrbeast

eaglesrbeast Guest

i think wen mcnabs contract is over he should be gone with the eagles. hes was pretty good when he started, but now its startin to go downhill.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

mcnabb is in the wrong style of offense, he should not be running the wco, something that calls for great timing and accuracy which are two things that have never and will never be things that mcnabb brings to the table on a consistent basis. take not to his stats during the time he had owens and stallworth when we went to a more verticle style of passing game. the issue is reid refusing to coach to his players abilities. add to that mcnabb is not 100% (no matter wha he and reid say) and you know why the offense doesn't run as well with mcnabb in there. but he is still, the most talented qb on the team and in the league (when healthy).

you all must realize that not having a healthy TE (lj smith), not having a better #1 wr and stubborn head coach is why the offense is what it is.