Ads That Keep Popping Up

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Greg Brosh, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

do you have to log in every time you leave and come back?

if so, your cookies are being cleared when you leave.

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Nope, I don't do that, that's why I'm saying somethings wrong with the code, I get it every time I come here, not every 6 hours.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

HTTR, again if it was the code everyone would be having the same problems and they're not. I don't know what else to say to you.

4. HailttRedskins

Hmm, well the ONLY thing I can think of, is that I come to this site like every 10min or so, so maybe when I come back after 6 hours, it hits me all those times because I was there 6 hours ago, and then 10min later cause I was there 6 hours ago of that time.

Other than that, it'd be you.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You know what part cracks me up in all this? If we would have more people clicking on the text ads we would have no need for the full page ads. People are complaining about the full page ads but.....hardly anyone is STILL bothering to click on the text ads. That's the reason the full page ads are here in the first place, because nobody is clicking on the text ads to help support the site.

I don't know how many times I have to say this....

6. HailttRedskins

Steve, you just like bullying us, you know it :icon_cheesygrin:

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

how much money could it possibly cost a month to keep this site going?

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Server costs run close to 40.00 a month, you do the math...

All we are asking is to click on a couple of ads to help us out, is that really too much to expect from you?

9. SRW

This is still an issue with people???

Look....we are not some rinky-dink invisionfree site. We are not some site that is sponsored by a corporation that covers the costs. We are not even a site that is nothing more than a piece of a larger ad farm. We are one site that is run by someone who enjoys football and is just looking to cover costs so this hobby isn't something that is out of pocket.

Wow...I am so done with this conversation. Some people don't seem to realize the time and money it taken to get the site to where it is today. I guess when they register they feel they are entitled to just logging on and expecting things just to happen. It doesn't work that way.

10. HailttRedskins

Steve, we love what you guys do, and most of us understand, I use to run a site, and the main reason I stopped was because of cost, so it's all good, I'll deal with your ads :p

11. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

The ads are annoying. But, i understand why they're there.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

NEW Pop-up Ads...

Ok, first of all, I don't want this to come off like I am snitching about the full page ads that come up every time I visit GIF. I fully understand the need for them, and although mildly annoying, it's a small price to pay to post here, and I really don't mind them for the most part. You guys gotta do what you gotta do to keep GIF up and runnning, I appreciate that.
    However, the new batch of ads ("something"9.com, the "extreme TV" site or whatever it is) are a different story. Every time it comes up (every time I visit), it opens their website in another window whether I click on the ad or not. Also, the last two times that it did that, my virus protection popped up that it had blocked a high risk intrusion (worm), and that is not cool in any way shape or form as far as I am concerned.
    Like I said, I don't mind the full pagers as a general rule, but couldn't you find one that is a little less...intrusive? THe diet ones were cool, they just popped up and left when you chose to skip them, no big deal.

13. Cheezymadman

i never see ads. thank god for adblock.

14. SRW

Thank you for the feedback. I have gone ahead and removed the ad from jack9.com. It might take 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect. If you or anyone else has issues like this please let me know. I actually had a run-in with this ad at work today and came home determined to get rid of it. Your post just re-enforced my resolve.

Thank you for helping to support the site. :icon_rolleyes:

15. Cheezymadman

Saw that one coming a mile away.

I don't click ads that don't interest me anyway, so unless you start getting ads for Newegg on here, I'm supporting the site as much as I would be without adblock.

16. SRW

The full page ads help support the site without you having to click on the ads. Those are cost-per-impression. No impressions, no helping the site out. They don't require a click on your end to pay out.

17. Cheezymadman

I'm not getting any full-page ads, though. If I was, I'd see the blank page with no ad.

18. SRW

You are getting no full page ads because they are encoded in the banner at the bottom of the site....that you are blocking....

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:cope: Right on, right on...

20. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

No offense, but these ads are getting on my freaking nerves. :hahano: