So, Who Gets Cut?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jammin Jaguar, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I've taken this idea from another forum I'm a member of as I think it'll produce some good answers over here...

Who do you think will get cut this off-season? For your team or for any other team.

Here's mine:

Maurice Williams should go this off-season. There was speculation about him leaving last year after a poor season, he managed to stay, but this year has been no better for Williams. Especially when the other backups like Norman, Collier and Nwaneri have played fine when called in, it shows that Williams has not been up to scratch.

Grady Jackson will leave as we only signed him to a one-year deal to cover for the suspension of Marcus Stroud, he's got more playing time than expected due to Stroud's injury, but we'll release him at the end of the year and let Meier and Landri [take back to backup positions.

Chad Owens will go (again). Especially after the muffed punt on Sunday... What were you thinking??

Lamont Thompson, I don't think we'll keep the Titan reject. Not now Jamaal Fudge looks to be staying on the first team roster (Yipee!).

Funnily enough, I do not think that Matt Jones will get released. Even though him and JDR haven't seen eye-to-eye a lot during his time out of Arkansas he has performed well in patches this season and I think that we just can't release two, first round picks in two years. It wouldn't look good.

Ernest Wilford will be a tricky one. His contract runs out this off-season. We've used him well and he's not done anything wrong this year, he's a guy who just shuts up and does his job. Nothing spectacular, but reliable. Now, with Mike Walker coming off IR for next year that means we'll have Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Dennis Northcutt, Ernest Wilford, John Broussard and Mike Walker at the WR position. Six receivers - is that too many for this team who has the run as their main priority? I don't want to see him leave, but I'm affraid we might have to. It'll be a sad day if we do, but we gotta do what we gotta do. (Please re-sign him!)

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

<B>JEVON KEARSE<B>is definetly gone he has never produced in philadelphia and this season was his worst ever producing just 3.5 sacks which is pathetic because he definetly getting paid to much.<B>DARREN HOWARD<B>this year he really hasnt got a chance to play this year either but when he did he couldnt produce for as much as he is getting paid he should have more than one sack that just sucks.<B>LJ SMITH<B> he is a very good TE when healthy but so far this season not healthy eagles might try to keep him but i dont it and that sucks because andy reid will probably try to replace LJ with brent celek and celek just isnt good enough.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'll sure there will be some suprise cuts this offseason. Heres who I can see the Bears cutting.

Mushin Muhammad: He was brought in after he was cut after the 2004 season from the Carolina Panthers to be our #1 WR, that hasn't worked out.

Fred Miller: Mr. false start for the Bears in 2007, see ya.

Darwin Walker: He wanted a big fat contract in Buffalo before being traded to the Bears before the start of training camp and he got a decent one here in Chicago. I can see this cut happening to save money.

4. Wes McSnipes

Wes McSnipes Rams Fan

Here are players the Rams need to cut:

Dominique Byrd - Horrible team player with a bad attitude. Misses team meetings and practices, and he's just a distraction. He's been given many chances to re-group, but he should be gone this offseason.

Travis Minor - No room for him with Jackson, Leonard, and Pittman. The guy fumbles, and he just isn't needed.

La'Roi Glover - He's a good leader, but he's getting too old. It's time for the young guys like Adam Carriker and Clifton Ryan to step in and start. Even Wroten is more impressive than this guy. We need to get younger on the d-line.

Trevor Johnson - Serves no purpose. Little and Hall are currently our starters, and Adeyanju and Eric Moore are much better backups. Plus, we will likely take a DE early in the draft. Johnson is outta here.

I also wouldn't be surprised if guys like Isaac Bruce and Corey Chavous are cut. There's been talk about it, and the team wants to get younger at WR, and we may be better off getting a new safety through free agency.

Rams fans would like Drew Bennett gone, but I think the Rams will give him another chance - and I'm okay with that. Once our o-line and QB get healthy, our offense should be in much better shape in '08.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Julius Jones. A great promise in his rookie year that never developed.

Tank Johnson. He's just doesn't fit for the 3-4 defense.

Can't think of anyone else...

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Why is Marian Barber not the starting RB anyway?

7. AB83Rules

AB83Rules 49ers Cap Guru

Derek Smith: By cutting or trading Derek Smith before or after june 1st 2008, will save the team $3.28M in cap space.

Jonas Jennings: By cutting or trading Jonas Jennings after june 1st 2008, the 49ers will save $3.45M in cap space.

Trent Dilfer: By cutting dilfer pre-march 2008, the team saves $1.5M in cap space, anytime after March(When a $500K roster bonus is due) saves the team $1M in cap space.

Tully Banta-Cain: By cutting Banta-Cain before june 1st, saves the team around $1.22M in cap space, but if they wait till after june 1sr, the team will save $2.2M in cap space in 2008.

Darrell Jackson: If cut before March(when due a $200K Other Bonus) the 49ers save $4M against the cap, if cut after March, the team saves $3.8M in cap space.

Jeff Ulbrich: If cut before June 1st, the 49ers will save around $1.468m, but if cut after june 1st, the team saves $1.875M in cap space.

Ashley Lelie: If cut before or after june 1st, the 49ers save $1M in cap space.

Now If the 49ers decline the $8M option on Alex Smith, the 49ers will save around $2.6M in cap space in 2008-2010.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Let's hope the 49ers start cutting...

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Way too early to predict that.....I can see a guaranteemouthedcan'tcoveranyonesafety that might go from Pitt...

10. mtgrigsby

mtgrigsby Fred Taylor

That's hilarious.

11. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Julius is a FA so he just will not be resigned. Tank Johnson will finish out his 2 year deal. He can play when we go to our 4 down linemen.

12. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

hopefully

Joe Horn will retire and become an assistant.

Wayne Gandy better leave

Dunn - to old

Leftwich - #3 on the DC will be 4 when Shockley comes + a drafted QB aswell pack your bags!

Harrington - i actually want him to stay but i doubt we carry 4 QBs