Ideas For Gridironfans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Jammin Jaguar, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I had no idea where to post this so dumped it in here.

I thought we could have a thread for ideas for GIF?

My suggestion, a 'Medic Award' or something similar given to the poster who is deemed the most helpful of the past month.

Your ideas?

2. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

I wouldn't mind seeing a Usenet/Newsgroups section of the torrents forum. Just got into this, adn it's actually easier than torrenting in some cases, but it's sometimes hard to find good copies of things.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Hah! I'll give it some thought, I do like the suggestion.

That forum is open to members sharing what they want how they want in there. Feel free to get the ball rolling on that if you want.

4. Jammin Jaguar

Oh, and on a sour note... I think that it'd be a good idea to get rid of any of the negative awards such as the Madden Award. Although it's funny and a good laugh, I just don't agree that the bad posters should get any attention.

Sorry.

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

My biggest suggestion for the site isn't about anything that anyone can add it is about getting more members involved and keeping them involved. This is a great site with great threads and members and all too often it seems that members post a few times or not at all and then poof....gone...we as a site need to try to keep our base strong and growing so that more people will come to the site and hit the ads that pay for the site and then new and fresh blood and ideas will continue to pump into the site.
    Now...the question...how does that happen? That is up to you all.... :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Ban Brooklyn.

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I think you have a good point.

8. SRW

You bring up a point JJ. I have opened up a discussion thread in the admin forum to discuss your idea with the rest of the staff here.

The best solution is to have a steady flow of new members. They infuse a new viewpoint on things and bring enthusiasm to the site. How do we get new members? The best way is word of mouth. If each current member got a friend to join and that friend got a friend to join....well you can see where that can go. What it really comes down to is a numbers game where the more members you have, the more opinions there are. The more opinions there are, the more discussion and debate there will be.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Magic Sponge Award :icon_cheesygrin:.

Another award suggestion, how about the "Mike Jones Award" for best single post (In recognition of Mike Jones' Career being based on one tackle), or the Terrell Owens Award for Most Controversial Post/Thread.

10. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Seconded with the force of the hammer of thor.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You want Brooklyn banned for no reason, you need to sign up on another board and let them do it because it won't be happening here unless he goes postal.

12. Jammin Jaguar

One more idea from me:

- The LaDainian Tomlinson Award.

This award is only given out once every two months as it is so good. This is given to the guy who can run, pass and catch - The guy who knows his stuff, who helps people around the site and who is a good guy to have around overall. He really is a great asset to have for GIF. The LT award is the 'Mr. Versatile' of the past two months...

Basically, if you get my drift... the LT award is a great honour to be given to the best of the best from the past two months. I don't mean it to be like the Montana Award where the winner brings their 'A game', it's meant to be a more round/overall award where it consists of every aspect a good poster can bring to a forum: Helpfulness, quality, quantity...

I know the Walter Payton Award is given to the guy who gets into the GIF Hall Of Fame and this is the ultimate award to have, but how often are they given out?

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Thank you for your idea JJ, we will take it under consideration. The management here at GIF are always looking for ways to bring more content and fun and our members are an integral part of a means to that end.

14. SRW

We give out the Walter Payton Award once a year. We did it for the first time this year and it was given out at the start of the regular season. From next year on however we want to make it coincide with the NFL Hall of Fame ceremonies.

15. Jammin Jaguar

Cool, is there a 'class' then or just one person? ie. How many people receive the award?

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As many as we deem warranted, there is no set number.

17. Jammin Jaguar

Okay thanks.

Another funny idea: 'The 'Brett Favre Award' - given to the guy who refuses to give up and will not quit.

18. SRW

To be honest with you I am thinking of cutting back some of the awards instead of adding to it. I think the member awards concept is being watered down some.

The BEST thing people can do to help the site? RECRUIT!

More members = more posting = more NFL talk = more gooder!

19. Jammin Jaguar

Okay Steve, get rid of those useless ones like the Madden and Sabol awards then. :icon_wink:

Have you seen how many recruits I have?? I'm doing my bit!

20. SRW

Heck yeah you are and you have two UPS Awards to prove it. That's one of only two awards on the site that are truly earned and not voted on.

Can you imagine what the site could be if every member got just one friend to join? I wish we had more of a push as a whole to recruit on the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.