Boise St. OT Ryan Clady To Enter The Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mouse, Jan 1, 2008.

1. mouse

mouse Starter

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/story/252505.html

BSU's Clady will leave for the NFL
    Brian Murphy - bmurphy@idahostatesman.com
    Edition Date: 01/01/08

Boise State left tackle Ryan Clady will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the NFL Draft, he told the Idaho Statesman on Tuesday afternoon.

Clady, a 6-foot-6, 317-pounder from Rialto, Calif., has been projected as a first-round pick in Aprils NFL Draft.

He said he made the decision after the Broncos 41-38 loss to East Carolina in the Hawaii Bowl.

I was just kind of ready for a little change, said Clady, who earned consensus All-America honors during his junior season.

Clady has signed with JL Sports, a sports management company, thus ending any chance that he had of returning to Boise State. Clady is believed to be the first Boise State football player to leave school early for the NFL.

Picking an agent has been pretty stressful, Clady said.

Clady said he plans to hold a press conference in Boise on Wednesday.

Clady said he spoke with family members and several Boise State coaches, including head coach Chris Petersen and offensive line coach Scott Huff, while making his decision. He also spoke with former line coach Sean Kugler, who is now with the Buffalo Bills.

They were a little biased, Clady said of Petersen and Huff. But I just tried to talk to a couple of people who could give me advice about the situation.

Those people included his father, Ross, with whom Clady is particularly close.

He felt that it was up to me. He wants me to get my degree and try to take classes in the offseason and finalize that degree, said Clady, who plans on taking a couple Internet classes this spring and is about a year away from graduating.

In the latest mock draft on ESPN.com, Clady is projected as the No. 7 pick in the first round to the Kansas City Chiefs.

With Cladys departure, the Broncos will be without five of their top six offensive linemen from the 2007 team when they begin spring practice.

2. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

The Offensive names that keep entering only make this upcoming draft stouter!! Ryan Clady will def. go in rd1 and should be a good OT in the NFL for 10 plus years.

3. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

He's a left tackle. O line.

4. mouse

mouse Starter

LMAO:icon_cheesygrin:

5. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

I was thinking bout some1 else my bad fosho-Mickey nation