Laurinaitis Staying At Ohio State

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BengalStripes, Jan 14, 2008.

1. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

[​IMG]

All-America linebacker James Laurinaitis has decided to stay at Ohio State for his senior year, he announced today.

A statement from Laurinaitis:

After a long thought process and strategic evaluation of the pros and cons of this decision with my close family and friends, Ive decided to stay at Ohio State for my senior season to complete my schoolwork and football career.

I know I can still improve as a player, and I know there is still much more to me and for the Buckeyes to accomplish. My love for this university, my love for the people of the state of Ohio, and my love for teammates and friends is so great that I want stay a Buckeye for another season. You only get to do this once, so I want to take full advantage.

Source: OhioStateBuckeyes.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

wow... Hes not going to be a guaranteed top 10 pick next season so if his stock drops shame on him...

3. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Well, if he wants to stay in school. It's his choice.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

damn all these buckeyes want to lose another NC...thats dedication, staying for the trifecta of failure.

gholston knows whats up

him leaving will hurt more than all these guys staying will help lol

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I'm glad he's staying......he probably just passed a chance of being a Patriot up...which is a good thing!:icon_thumright:

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Smart kid, thinking about his future past ball and staying for a degree. Draft stock whatever, now no matter what happens to him, he's assured himself a future one way or the other. Props.

7. Not a surprise at all that he's staying....he's said it all along that he was coming back for his senior year.

Must be his dad the Animal knows the value of a good Ohio State education...:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

you're a god damned genius.

9. happ

happ PECAVI

No, he's an Ohio state fan, they are mutually exclusive. :)

I don't get it, if you know you're gonna be a first rounder, you really should go pro. If finishing your degree is important, you can still finish out, but if you get a bad injury, you may not get another chance to be a first rounder.

10. K Train

exactly, if you need 20 credits to graduate, you can get those 20 credits after football, the ones you earn dont go away lol

11. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Well I know when I think of great academic institutions, Arizona and Penn State immediately come to mind. I'm sure Dan Conner and Antoine Cason went back for their senior years so they could get a higher Chemistry grade.

Seriously. Rhodes Scholars come from all schools, but non of them play football, so the whole ragging on a football school and it's "education" is a weak argument. Why people even bother to use it, is ridiculous.

12. I see your point about coming out early to avoid injury but really I think 80% of the juniors are not ready to come out mentally. They will have agents fighting for their cash....family with their hand out ready to get a cut....friends from the hood looking to hang out and get a payday....which as we all have seen have destroyed many young athletes before they get started...or after they have a few all pro seasons they get hammered on drug, gun, or dog fighting charges. Hell I bet some of them have never even had a cfreaking account. They will be pulled in every direction.....hundreds of bad choices to be made.

Memo to the 80%

Buy a crap load of rubbers....hang out....heck the whole cheer leading team...minus the guys Gator fans...make your way through a few sororities....maybe take a class on investing. Hell if your Matt Leinart you take ballroom dancing. Workout and continue to Ball and hone your skills....you can't be successful on talent alone in the NFL....everyone is talented.

MY .02

For other teams in the big ten with juniors looking to bail....go ahead bro.....your ready!

O

H

I

O

:shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus:

13. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Ohio St. making a pack to try and win the title next year. They will have a solid butt team in 2008 and could def. finally win it all next season. He stayed to win a NC, i don;t blame him 1 bit.

14. K Train

Like i said, Gholston leaving will hurt way more than all these guys staying will help

15. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

nah we will reload with ironhead junior who was just a frosh last year... way to go animal that is what i freaking like to hear

16. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

yea he would of been a easy top ten pick.

17. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Screw you Cowgirls fan. playing

Still have your head stuck up your ass, because your Cowgirls lost. ds