GIF 2008 Mock Draft - Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by brakos82, Jan 21, 2008.

1. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

LOL-You made Mouse change his pick-thats messed up he was going to take Brohm over Ryan-JFC He hecked up and when he saw your post he edited it. IM LMFAO

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

:icon_cheesygrin: Shouldn't have said anything....maybe Ryan would have fell to the 33rd pick and the Fins!

3. mouse

mouse Starter

I ACTUALLY DID PUT BROHM FIRST. I GUESS I BUTTUMED RYAN WAS GONE AND WENT TO LOOK OVER THE LIST JUST TO SEE IF BROHM WAS AVAILABLE. THEN I REALIZED RYAN WAS STILL THERE.

4. dolphindude13

I hate to be such a pain in the butt....(not really)....but the Cowboys have the Browns pick at 22 dont they?:looney:

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Ha... I just copied and pasted from Wikipedia... the Colts don't have their pick either... :shoot:

6. mouse

mouse Starter

HOW MANY ROUNDS ARE WE GOING TO DO?

7. brakos82

Three. (If Brooklyn's reading, that's the number after 2 and before 4. And it's more brain cells than you have.)

8. dolphindude13

:icon_cheesygrin: Didn't want to overwhelm you so I was gonna save that one for tommorow!

9. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Don't worry, I have contacted King Norse and hopefully he'll make his pick before his deadline!

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Thanks for the heads up Brakos, I only got asked to do it a short while ago :icon_rolleyes:

11. Jammin Jaguar

Right, I have rang King Norse who is at work, and he selects....

KENNY PHILLIPS

S | Miami (FL) | Scouting Report
    [​IMG]

12. dolphindude13

Wow, that's pretty suprising considering the needs of the Vikes offense and the players available. Defense was pretty solid.

13. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Agreed-I guess at that spot he is worth the pick but Minny needs Offense

14. Jammin Jaguar

IIRC his reasoning was that they could address offence via FA.

15. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Derek Anderson style-:dance04:

16. King Norse

King Norse Rave-on

Sorry about missing my pick guys, got called into work at the last minute.

A few of you seem surprised at my pick, so I'll reason with you... :icon_cheesygrin:

Offense of defense? We do need help on offense, but not from the draft. We are set on the offensive line, so any pick there is for depth, not a #1 pick. We need a wideout, but we invested in Allison and Rice, and we need to find a crafty veteran who can get open consistently, not another rookie who takes a year to find his feet. We are clearly set at running back and fullback, and we do not need to draft another QB to develop, we already have that, we need a veteran for competition and mentor-ship. As there are no TE's I would consider taking here, it means we have a chance to shore up a defense ranking last in passing yards.

We stop the run very well, but we need to find genuine edge rushers for more sacks (our DE's accounted for just around 11 sacks all year), but we have invested top picks in DE's before, not to mention taking two in the past two years a little later on, and I am content with this group and how they will develop, so maybe a top class FA would be more beneficial as a short term guy. Our linebackers are set in stone, so it meant I was looking at the secondary for improvement. We have our two corners set, and a nice looking nickel/future starter in McCauley, and I am a fan of Charles Gordon, but I feel that we could find a future safety in Kenny Phillips, who looks like a potential elite player, and someone we can rely on to cover effectively and give better deep protection to our corners, whilst also having the ability to come up and make tackles. With him in the lineup, our defensive secondary will be shored up and I would expect a drastic improvement in our pass defense.

17. brakos82

The Texans select: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy.

The Philadelphia Eagles (eaglsrule4ever) are now on the clock. (3PM ET)

18. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

He is out of town Brakos-SIR

19. brakos82

:shoot:

20. dolphindude13

I'm not questioning the pick of Kenny Phillips at all, I think he'll be a stud for a long time in the NFL. You explained your reasoning very well and I have no problem at all with it.....I was just a little suprised with Brohm and some of the stud WR's in this draft still available that you chose to go defense when the Vikes troubles have been on offense.....not a knock on you at all.:icon_thumright: