Lane Kiffin Asked To Resign

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by DallasArmor09, Jan 25, 2008.

1. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Kiffin Told To Quit Raiders
    Al Davis, known for his maverick ways, has drafted a letter of resignation for coach Lane Kiffin, who went 4-12 in his first year in Oakland. The catch? Kiffin won't sign, Chris Mortensen reports. Story

2. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Oh my God, the crap just hit the fan in Oakland! Wow! It's ironic how both teams in the Bay Area can get this whole situation wrong! Guess Al must be reading 'how to save a buck and hire another cheap coach.' Beautiful!:icon_rolleyes:

It's ironic how my 'democratic' paper is keeping a tight lid on this situation!:icon_eek:

It's official, another last place finish for the Raiders. Another sad year in Bay Area NFL.:icon_cry:

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It scares the crap out of me that someday Jerry Jones will be Al Davis' age :icon_eek:

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I still remember the days when Al Davis was somewhat respected.

5. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

:laughpound: It actually is scary, but I'm getting a funny picture out of Jerry Jones firing everybody on site! I think to me Al watches too much Vince McMahon/Donald Trump to come up with ideas like that!

6. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Good thing Jerry Jones has been mentoring his son's on running a Franchise/ Organization :dance04: :dance04: :dance04:

7. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Make sure he stays far away from John York's book:
    [​IMG]

We haven't been the same since. :eek:hboy: It's possible Al Davis also has one.

8. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Al needs to step down. He's ruining that organization at this point. I'm glad Kiffin is refusing to resign. If Davis fires him, then he's gotta pay him.

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

good grief

10. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

What scares me is that the Raiders are owned by the Cryptkeeper in a sweatsuit.

11. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

But by not resigning, Al Davis is going to treat him like crap anyway. I say just give in to the old fart and get out while you have some dignity left. I don't agree at all that Lane Kiffin should be let go, but then who wants to work for a crapty boss like that? Al Davis doesn't give a heck about the NFL or the Raiders. Lane Kiffin does not deserve to be humiliated and hell, he can sue for the wrongful termination and I'm sure the NFL will kick Davis in the butt about undue payments he owes to plenty of people he axed.

It's sad how the Bay Area has TWO craps for ownership in football.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Why should he resign, he'd be stupid to give up millions of dollars. Davis will fire him, he just has to wait it out.

13. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

Dennis Green has been discussed as a possible replacement

"Lane Kiffin is who I thought he was!!!!!!!!!!!!"

14. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

dennis green is always talked about as the replacement coach of the raiders and never gets the job

15. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

What was Davis smoking?

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Something from Snyder's pipe.

17. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

Al Davis is an butt...

Kiffin should leave. He had a crap-ass squad to work with on top of his rodwad owner.

He'd get a job somewhere and then could try the HC thing again after next season..

I'd love to see Dennis Green in Oakland, drive that franchise fully into the ground.

18. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Spanky, nothing else can be done to the Raiders to put them in the ground because AL Davis is freaking with them on a yearly basis. Uncle Al as I call him always comes up with something stupid during the off season, like he made a mistake in firing Art Shell, brings him back, and fires him a year later because the team revolted. Now because Kiffin wanted to be a REAL COACH and make a REAL DECISION, Al is a little pissed that a GOOD BUDDY was about to get the axe because the defense on the Raiders SUCKED!

19. happ

happ PECAVI

Would even Denny Green take the job after this? I mean, Lane Kiffen was somewhat of a reach to begin with, because no one else would take the job. Kiffen did much better than I expected, but Davis will have to coach the team himself after this....

20. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

That's gonna be funny. I guess the ego's gotta be chopped down to size somehow.