The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:google: is your friend.

:cowboy:

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Cloverfield - :buttrock: 3.50 of 5 stars
    Good popcorn flick, heck the JJ Abrams looking for deeper clues crap. The hype on this was so much that I expected a bit more. The ending dragged on more than it should have. Entertaining and different, but not great.

Juno - :buttrock: 3.75 of 5 stars
    Ellen Page was excellent as I knew she would be, but the trying to be "too cool for the room" dialogue was a bit grating at first. After I got past that, I enjoyed the film quite a bit. I personally felt that Jason Bateman's character was the most interesting. He was really good.

3. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

I just got back from Juno for the second time
    It's fantastic!

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

You're crazy. Clearly that movie is a 4.16 of 5 stars. C'mon every family in America is perfectly cool with their 16 year old daughter having a baby and giving it to a couple she found in the free weekly circular. Thus leading to a series of believable witty quips and conversations. At least their wasn't a typical Hollywood ending where they would change their mind and raise the kid themselves as totally responsible high school juniors. Another point that bugged me was there was no freak out scene. When an unplanned pregnancy occurs there's always a moment of panic. Or so I've heard. :icon_redface:

5. DawkinsINT

There was a freak-out scene. Ellen Page gasped at one point. That was intense.

6. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

6'2 126lbs......thats pretty small bro:icon_eek:

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

yea i guess it really is now that i think about it. considering i am 6'6 230 and really don't look that big

8. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Iwas just watching 'The One'...turned it off - I was lost!

9. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

its just your long butt limbs...i'm 6'3 235 so you can't look that small lol

lol

10. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

um...i just watched se7en for like the...800th time.

list of best mystery/suspense/thriller movies ever made
    #1 se7en
    #2 silence of the lambs
    #3 everything else....

probably in my top 10 all-time. morgan freeman is awesome. brad pitt a little less awesome. kevin spacey is pyscho awesome.

11. DawkinsINT

Se7en is on of my all-time favorites as well. I actually haven't watched it in a couple of years. Time to put it on the blockbuster queue.

12. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

Are you talking about the one with Jet Li?? Sweet sound track.. one of my favorites of all time..

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Just came back from seeing Cloverfield, and I liked it, the first 20-30 min. was hard but after I got used to the camera moving I was ok with it.

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I watched, "Battle Royale." That movie was crazy as hell. I'll put it like this: 42 asian teenagers [half male, half female] running around an island, bomb straps attached to their necks and they have to kill each other off with whatever random weapon they get until only 1 of them is alive, the 1 person alive gets to go home, then. Movie was good, a bit unrealistic, and crazy.

If you want to watch it, click this sentence.

15. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Just saw Death Sentence. It was a good movie. Bacon did a real nice job of playing the father role in the first half of the movie and the bad butt role in the second half of the movie.

4.5/5

Then I saw Platoon's movie link and I watched the first 3 minutes of Meet the Spartans and I turned it off.:icon_cool:

16. DawkinsINT

Death Sentence was ok. I expected it to be awful, but it wasn't that bad.

17. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I really enjoyed the first half of the movie and the whole emotion thing and then him trying to survive. And then after he's in the hospital, it felt like it was a complete different movie. He was the badass type and I don't really think it felt the movie plot.

18. DawkinsINT

Trade - 2.5 of 5 stars
    Kevin Kline is awesome, but I came close to falling asleep watching this. The double digit beers before hand may have played a factor.

19. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Boarder town- With Jennifer Lopez/ Martin Sheen/Antonio Banderas

Not bad not bad

20. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

Finally saw "3:10 to Yuma" and it was great.