Parcells Gets To Work In Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by skinsfan1, Dec 27, 2007.

1. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Bill Parcells reported to his new job and quickly put aside one theory about what ails the Miami Dolphins.

It turns out they really do practice.

Parcells was on the field for Thursday's workout and a firsthand look at the NFL's worst team. He signed a four-year contract last week to become executive vice president of football operations.

"When he walked out, everybody noticed," defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday said. "There was a whisper here and there.

"He didn't say much. He just kind of sat back in the shadows and talked to a few of the coaches. He didn't address the team."

Parcells will likely leave the speeches to his head coach, which for the moment is Cam Cameron. Parcells' first big decision will be whether to retain Cameron and general manager Randy Mueller, and a major roster shakeup is likely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-dolphins-parcells&prov=ap&type=lgns
    Man miami is in for a hell of a shock. Man boobs doesn't play.

2. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Parcells loves it in Miami, He stays there during the offseasons and when its al lsaid and done the Dolphins will be a team to watch out for in 2-4 years

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Trust me, it's a shock that most Fin fans have been waiting for for quite a while. Nothing he does short of cutting Ronnie Brown will be disappointing to me. Clean house and start over Bill!:icon_thumright:

4. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Ronnie Brown is the only guy whos job is safe. Clean house starts in less then 30 hours

5. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Amen!
    Starting from the top down...let the overhaul begin!

6. Ronin 49er

Ronin 49er EyeInTheSkyDontLie

What's happening with Cleo Lemon?

7. DanDwr

DanDwr Resident Dol-fan

As he's a FA, I'm guessing he'll be gone. Can't really see Parcells an co. keeping him round tbh

8. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

I want to see what he does with ricky.

9. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Probably trade for a draft pick. I dont think they'll get much for Ricky

10. Sirro712

Sirro712 Starter

This is the best move that we could make after a season like this i just hope we can change this around for next year

11. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

I think the Dolphins will start getting a lot better

Parcells can make an affective organization by putting "his people" in place

12. PackersFan34

PackersFan34 Starter

Yeah me too because they sure can't get much worse!!!

13. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

You guys are lucky to have Parcells.

I would say trade Ricky to the Texans but we already have one over-30/injured rb.

14. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Why? You can never have enough old injured players! :icon_cool: