Official GIF Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by dolphindude13, Feb 9, 2008.

1. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I was thinking about starting up a fantasy baseball game if anyone would be interested. Don't know if SRW would want it run in house or not since this is a football oriented site. I'd set the league up on Yahoo with some pretty standard settings, if interested let's hear it.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Count me in.

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'd do it.

4. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Yeah, you can't count me in as well.

5. dolphindude13

Can or can't? You're trying to confuse me ain't ya?:looney:

6. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I'll play.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

DD has the ok to run the fantasy baseball league, it will be put in the fantasy football area of the site, have fun fellas!!!

GIF will be paying the winners, when we decide how much I'll announce it.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

And also for the league champion, how about an award for that person's award case? Something like a pic of the world series trophy that says "Fantasy 2008" on it. Much like the super bowl trophy award that was given for the GIF contest winners for this past NFL season.

9. dolphindude13

Sent PM's to DaBears, Burnout, Flaxe and RonMexico with league information and password.

That's 5......I set the league up for 12. I also set it up for an auto draft....I'd like to do a live draft instead if we can all get together on a day and time. Make sure you all check out the league settings.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

DaBears, I was getting around to that too..lol

The Fantasy Baseball League will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner and 1st place winner will also get an award for his trophy case.

1st place will take home $50,000.00 vCash
    2nd place will take home $25,000.00 vCash
    3rd place will take home $10,000.00 vCash

Just remember that ONLY 1st place will receive a trophy along with their vCash winnings.

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

You can count me in

12. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'd prefer a live draft, but if we can't get that I don't think it's too big of a deal (as long as we can get the draft order prior to the draft so we can set our rankings accordingly. I've found that fantasy baseball is more about the moves you make during the season more so than any other fantasy sport.

13. dolphindude13

I'd like to do it live draft to if at all possible, and I agree with you 100% that moves made outside of the draft are what win or lose the league for ya.....so many guys that come out of no where to have breakout seasons are what put someone over the top.

If it turns out we have to do an auto-pick we'll have to devise some way to assign picks.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Just signed up...

I was one step ahead of you, lol.

15. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I got so excited that I couldn't even type. I see you figured out what I was trying to say and sent me the PM, thanks lol

16. dolphindude13

Still need some players, there's got to be some more fantasy baseball players here.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

ok, never did it before but i;ll try it out.

18. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

If there's still room, I'm definitely in

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to get in if there are spots open.

20. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

I'll play if you need another. Let me know.