Will ESPN Bring Back Emmitt Smith In 2008?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

At a time when most folks who pay attention to the television coverage of the NFL believe that Emmitt Smith will be "blowed up" by ESPN, a media source tells us that the current plan in Bristol is to bring Emmitt back for 2008. Said the source, "ESPN isn't crazy about Emmitt but the network feels like if they let him go, they would have been bullied into doing so." The source cautions that the decision isn't set in stone. "People change their minds there every other second," the source said. And an objective review of Smith's performances points inescapably to the conclusion that he should not be employed in the TV business. He cannot speak extemporaneously, and his analysis has the depth of a desert puddle. He's so terrible that he provides unintended comic relief. In fact, the only good thing about a possible return engagement is that it'll give us -- and many others -- plenty of things to talk about next season.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I don't give a crap anymore.....I quit watching ESPN because of this crap.....Emmit, Irvin Young....and all the other dumbass jocks that should be home bathing in their millions instead of talking to the world.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Irvin and Young can actually have an intelligent conversation and Young actually has a wide vocabulary and knows what the words he uses mean.

4. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Smith is to ESPN as Gumbel is to the NFL Network.

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Irvin tends to turn any topic into something pertaining to himself.....and Young babbles constantly to the point you wonder what the heck topic he's even talking about. I can't take either one of em.:eek:hboy:

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well unlike yourself, I have no trouble following Young and Irvin at times brings good things to the table and hating Irvin as I do this was very hard to type.

7. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I like em all. So no worries here. I Dislike people like Jaws, Schlereth, Mark May. Other then that, I can handle the rest.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

So you like the ones who bring little to the table and dislike those that talk of football Inclulbus? That doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess if you're watching them for entertainment and not some actual sports knowledge then ok...
    Seriously.... I like Jaws and Hoge on NFL Matchup and think they're a good combo. I think Sclereth is...ok and I do like Mark May. Can't stand to watch Smith or Irvin and I think that Young is intelligent as Sweets says but I think he's a little too full of himself at times. The thing I'd like to see but I know it won't happen is ex-athletes that can speak and are willing to pass on insight of the game without blowing up their own ego to do so. Nice thought but I can't see it happening because as much as many complain about analysts and broadcasters the more annoying or flamboyant they are the more they are talked about and that breaks down to ratings sometimes.
    On the subject....I hope Emmitt does not come back to ESPN. He's not good....period.

10. Inclulbus

If that's what you call it, The difference about me watching for some actual sports knowledge and just for entertainment have nothing to do about why i like who, and the ones whom I don't like. The best two, football wise on there.. is Berman and Jackson, Hands down. The best All Around is Stuart Scott. But when we're talking about the people who are brought up, such as Emmitt, Irvin, and Young.. I Feel better when they're talking about the game, since they just left it not so long ago, compared to May and Jaws.. who bring up their playing days, and the NFL is nothing like it was back then. I feel Emmitt, Irvin, and Young.. have a better feel to the NFL today, then the NFL of the 1980's. Just My Opinion, Sorry I guess my knowledge isn't compared to yours, since I like different ESPN Analysts.

11. happ

happ PECAVI

I like Irvin, for no other reason, he's entertaining when he says things that make Tom Jackson ask if he's goobered on the air(Eli Manning's "I have matooored"). I can't stand Emmitt, though, as he never really offers anything other than the standard coach speak that says nothing but uses a lot of words. If they do let Emmitt go, why not bring in a RB with a brain, like Robert Smith?

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I was going off your orginal post which simply stated that you "Dislike" people like Jaws...etc....You are more than entitled to your opinion and I didn't say your opinion was "wrong" either. I disagree with it and really don't understand how an ex-player like Smith who can't put a sentence together is better than someone like Jaws or May who even though they are older have some knowledge they can pass on during their parts in any show....to each his own my friend but personally if I want clowning around I'll flip over to the cartoon network.

13. Inclulbus

alright, cool...

Bring Back Emmitt!!

14. Spiderman34

Spiderman34 Starter

Emmitt MUST come back.. I've said it before, he's the only reason to watch the ESPN coverage. He's just so freaking stupid.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I like Jerome Bettis on nbc he should go to ESPN!

16. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy-Yx_yands"]YouTube - Jimmy Kimmel's Highlight Reel feat. Emmitt Smith[/ame]

Perfect thread for this video.

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

LMAO, sharp as a whistle

18. Inclulbus