Cheaters Feel Cheated, Pat Fans Cry Foul

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sweets, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In a humorously ironic twist, fans of the New England Patriots are demanding that the NFL investigate the final 1:40 of Super Bowl XLII because -- get this -- they feel cheated.

And no, this is not a joke.

According to the disgruntled Patriots fan who created the original petition on petitiononline.com, the game clock should not have stopped following Brandon Jacobs' fourth-and-one plunge and thus, the game should have ended on the sack of Eli Manning with 50 seconds remaining.

This fan, and the other 7,815 (and counting) who have apparently signed this ridiculous petition, were obviously too busy crying in their beer to realize that it was an administrative time-out. The referees were determining whether or not to measure the spot -- something that requires a clocks-stoppage under NFL rules. Once the first down was determined without a measurement, the clock was wound and continued to run.

If anything, using the fan's logic, this petition proves that New England shouldn't have had 35 seconds left on their next possession. If anything, they should have had 29 seconds or less.

But hey, what can you expect from fans who say they love their team at 18-0 and then claim they were bored to tears during the greatest Super Bowl of all time?

Source: AOL NFL Fanhouse

2. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

i signed that petition. under the name "heck you buttholes"....

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I haven't seen Top Dawg or Cletus for a while....I wonder if they're pounding the pavement getting sigs?:icon_eek:

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

The argument is too hypothetical. You can't assume that the Giants wouldn't adjust to the lesser amount of time even if the clock didn't stop for those 6 seconds.

I can't believe these are real fans. The argument screams bandwagoner and if you read the signatures, half of them are jokes.

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Haha, that's great. It's humorous to see Patriots fans moaning.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wasn't gonna sign this ridiculus petition but you gave me an idea how to sign it and I signed it.

I signed it as "SHUT THE FREAK UP AND GROW THE FREAK UP"

7. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess these 7800+ patriots fans weren't fans of the pats in most of the
    90's when they were one of the craptiest teams around. If they were they'd would have been ok with losing and would take this lost without being little snitches.

8. dolphindude13

Yeah most Pats fans don't remember them "good old days". What goes around comes around!:icon_thumright:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Whats funny is that four teams alltime in the history of the NFL have finished a regular season undefeated but only ONE TEAM which is the 1972 Miami Dolphins were able to win it all. The 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears went undefeated during the regular season both those years but also lost in the NFL Championship Game both those years. Now onto the 2007 New England Patriots. Sure, going undefeated in the regular season is great but that record means NOTHING without the ring. The Patriot fans who have signed this petition crying, whining, and snitching for Roger Goodell to investigate the final 1:40 of the game need to man up and admit that the better team won Super Bowl XLII and that was the New York Giants.

I agree 100%. The Pats fans have been spoiled in the Brady/Belichick era in New England way too much.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Cletus was here today, TD disappeard at some point in the post season

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

:tantrum:

12. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Far from it, friend. I was actually having computer issues upon my return to Tacoma last week, so I couldn't get on here. Plus, I put myself on a weeklong football hiatus just to clear my head. And like I said in the Smack forum, this "petition" sickens me.

13. dolphindude13

Welcome back then!:beerchug: Glad to hear the petition sickens you to....I never had you pegged as one of the "bad" ones.:icon_thumright:

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

what a bunch of losers!

15. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

can you say sore loser

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sorry...what a bunch of SORE LOSERS!!!

:cryin10:

17. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

:potkettle:

18. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I could've sworn they still had timeouts at that point too.

19. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

what ever, I still don't understand the play where Belechic challanged the play and they threw a penalty after reviewing it....they wouldn't be saying crap if it was the other way around!

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

They didn't challenge a penalty, so it was legal. It's better that they get the right call. It's not as if Belichick whined and got them to reverse the call, they saw the evidence.