Patriots Pro Bowlers Receive Chilly Reception In Hawaii

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Cletusaurus, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Some New England Patriots played in a Pro Bowl sauna yesterday at Aloha Stadium, but their reception from the sellout crowd of 50,044 was ice cold.

The six Patriots who played in the all-star game in 80-degree temperatures and on artificial turf that was hot to the touch were greeted with a surprisingly emphatic chorus of boos during introductions yesterday.

Cornerback Asante Samuel, linebacker Mike Vrabel, nose tackle Vince Wilfork, center Dan Koppen, tackle Matt Light, and guard Logan Mankins followed a standard-bearer of the Patriots logo onto the field amid fireworks as the crowd erupted with the only negative greeting it accorded any of the game's participants.

Source: Pat Bigold, Boston Globe

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

hahahahaha, damn hated in beautiful Hawaii...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hawaii loves everyone...

So I thought...

:icon_lol:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They welcome everyone, they don't necessarily love everyone....

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What a turnaround from being worshiped as perhaps the greatest team ever to being booed in a matter of weeks.

6. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'm not sure they would have gotten a great reception if they had won the Super Bowl. Teams that always win aren't lovable, especially if their not your team.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

or have been called cheaters, especially when filming another teams practices, the week of the superbowl.. haha.

8. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

or not bother practicing sportsmanship, running up the score on teams that are already thoroughly beaten...

9. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Maybe they were pro wrestling fans and associated the Patriots with rated RKO in Edge and Orton. :laughpound: Guess a lot of fans are getting a little tired of the Patriots being full of themselves. Goes to show that being perfect does not mean you get newfound respect for it.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

WHHHAAAAATTTT?

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Oh...this is it. That magical moment when a newbie reads one of Genius' posts for the first time.

I always tear up at these touching occasions. Your life will never be the same, 86Ward. :icon_cry:

12. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

People just don't like the new attitude the Pats bring out, it's the same like when the Yankees go to the playoffs every single year and it makes the sport boring. Least NHL, NBA have gotten the playoffs right as there are different teams. Until we get some fresh teams in the playoffs of the NFL, it's always going to be hostile to the Pats that are full of themselves.

13. Black Prowler

Black Prowler Crazy Black Cat!

Noboby likes a cheater! :beerbang:

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Freaking offensive line should have been booed. All Pro my butt. They looked like crap during the Super Bowl.

15. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Nay, the Pro Bowl excels a bullcrap rule that the defense plays a standard 4-3 and can't get to the QB unless it's a 'coverage' sack. No wonder the Pro Bowl isn't fun.:icon_rolleyes:

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I'd rather watch the chearleaders play a powderpuff football game, than the worthless Pro Bowl.