No Franchise Tag For Randy Moss??

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by 86WARD, Feb 21, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Interesting move...

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

People have been saying that randy moss and the patriots have reached a verbal agreement for a much cheaper deal than the franchise tender would call for, Thats probably the only reason why they didn't franchise him.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

probably a 3-5 deal? something like that?

4. eaglesrule4ever

I think it will be another small one year deal, All randy wants is a ring and then he is out of there look for that huge contract.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would love to see the Eagles "swoop" in there and steal him from them...pun intended!

6. eaglesrule4ever

I would love to see that happen but for some reason i know it won't happen.

7. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Because you have something called "common sense".

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I don't see the Eagles risking a move on another vocal/risky wide reciever.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree. But I'd love to see them steal him away. Why isn't there Jacksonville talk? The are 40 something million under the cap. They should be all over this guy...beginning Feb. 29th...of course!

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Miami has the cash for Randy......unfortunately we don't have anyone to throw the damn ball to him though.

I can't see Moss leaving New England........if he did they would lose Brady to you know?

The week leading up to the SB, Brady said where ever Moss goes he goes.:icon_cheesygrin: :sarcasm1:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_cheesygrin:

13. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I'm guessing he's going to get a contract offer for less money than an athlete of his caliber would get and he'll take it because he knows his best chance to win it all is with the Patriots.

14. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

The same reason that dolphindude used for Miami not having much of a chance- their QB. It's been said a zillion times by now, Moss doesn't NEED the money. If he decides he doesn't care as much about the money like people think he does, then it comes down to where the best chance to win is. Had the Patriots won the Super Bowl after his go-ahead TD, there probably wouldn't be this discussion and he'd move on. Now I just rather hope the speculation is true and there is at least a verbal agreement to bring him back to New England.

15. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

A lot of players don't NEED the money, though. It's about getting paid more than everybody else so that people can see you're the best and your huge ego can be satisfied.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

So you're thinking he will sign with the Giants, Colts or Steelers?

When the season starts, Jacksonville will have just as good a chance as New England. Maybe on paper New England is better...but that's paper.

Garrard was the third rated QB in the league last season with out Moss. Imagine what he could be with Moss and just under $40 million to spend...

:icon_wink:

But I do think you are right...I think they have something done and will announce it on the 29th...

17. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

:icon_rolleyes:

At 12:01am EST on the 29th the first headline on NFL.com will read "Patriots and Moss agree on longterm deal."

He's going nowhere.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

19. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

As long as I can find the headline and get it on the site before Mr. Newshound SRW, that's fine by me! :icon_cheesygrin:

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good Luck with that...:icon_lol: