How Do I Block Admin PMs?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Cheezymadman, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

I'm getting really tired of logging in to see a popup saying I've got a PM about some membership drive, or the awards, or what have you. Is there any way to stop those PMs, or if not, how do I block PMs from admins and still see their posts?

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You can have your account deleted. Let me know if this is what you'd like. I would be more than happy to oblige.

3. Cheezymadman

Did I say anything of the sort? This is just like that time I mentioned that I use Adblock. All of a sudden I'm the bad guy here. All I want is to not have to read that the site needs members, or writers, or nose-pickers, at every turn.

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:buttrock:

5. SRW

Then....you can choose to not read them? I am so sorry you are inconvenienced by the site getting word out to it's members. But to start a thread asking to block admin PMs? What did you expect? I forgot....the site is in place for YOUR enjoyment only. How silly of me...

6. Cheezymadman

My point is that there's a thread up pointing to the nomination threads, and then a pm goes out pointing to that thread, you might as well send out PMs a week in advance telling people that there's going to be a PM telling you about the thread that tells you about the nomination threads.

It's overkill.

7. SRW

Thank you for your opinion. It's been noted and again, you know the solution to your issue now. Do us all the favor...

8. Cheezymadman

and put you on my inore list. Done.

OH, THIS JUST FREAKING IRKS ME.

9. SRW

Yeah, good luck with that.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm a fan of both Steve and Cheezy. This hostility between them really irks me.

11. Cheezymadman

Oh go irk yourself. :icon_cheesygrin:

12. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Hey Cheezy, I know you got me on ignore, but I got a little song dedicated just for you. Warming up the Buddy Holly guitar...

Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay
    Hey Hey
    Goodbye!
    :party2: :fworks17:

13. unstable

unstable I need sex

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

So roll your eyes and snicker and say "Haha, there's anothe one of those stupid pm's" and move on with life.
    There are a lot more imprtant things in the world to be upset about than getting an extra pm or two that you don't want.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

You just using the word "irk" for the sake of using "irk" REALLY FREAKING IRKS ME!!!

:icon_wink:

Can I nominate this for Funniest Thread?

By the way...I get no pop ups...just the PM in my PM Mail box that I can or cannot look at. Thanks Steve...

16. This and other classless moments brought to you by SRW....welldone...

17. SRW

Classless? He asked, I replied.

Funny.....pot....meet kettle....

18. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I like getting pms from the big shots.
    It makes me feel like a badass :)

But heres a trick that I did and I'm sure it would work wonders for you.

Let them spam the heck out of your inbox and then your pmbox will be so full that they cant send you any more pm's. It worked for me(though I didn't plan it like that). But I was wondering why I didn't get a pm for like the last 2 months and realized my pm box was full. The second I deleted it I got a pm a few days later about awards and what not.

And I'm sure you have no friends on this site anyways that would want to pm you so just leave your inbox at 100 percent full and problem solved. :lol:

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

This thread makes me laugh everythime I read it...

"Foiled Again!"

20. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

All we need is love?