Reid Couldn't Talk Moss Away From Pats

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Mar 3, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reid Couldn't Talk Moss Away From Pats
    Written by Garry Cobb
    Monday, 03 March 2008

Andy Reid was on the telephone this afternoon for over an hour with Randy Moss but he wasn't able to talk him into turning down a 3 year $27 million deal with Patriots. Moss decided to stay put where he is with the Patriots. Reid and the Eagles weren't willing to better the offer from the Pats.

Moss got the offer from the Patriots this weekend, but didn't immediately sign the deal because he wanted to see if other teams were willing to better the offer. The Eagles were one of the teams Moss was interested in playing for, so he and his agent got in touch with Andy Reid and wanted know if he was willing to better the deal.

Obviously, Andy and the Eagles were not willing to make a better offer, so Randy Moss decided to stay put with the New England Patriots.
    I thought I was going to have some great news for you after I got the call that Reid and Moss had had the long conversation. Unfortunately I was another close but no cigar for the Birds and their fans.

So the Eagles must continue their search for a true number one wide receiver. If they had signed Moss they would have acquired the best deep receiver in all of the NFL. Moss broke the NFL record last year for most TD receptions in a single season with 23.

The Birds can't say they didn't have a chance because Moss and his agent got Andy Reid and the Eagles on the phone and talked for what I understand to be, nearly two hours. I'm going to try to find out exactly what was discussed other than the contract.

Moss and his group had contacted me this weekend trying to get in touch with Donovan McNabb. They were interested in finding out whether the Eagles were interested in signing him, after the Patriots had been dragging their feet in the negotiations.

After the call from Moss, I called the McNabb's in Florida that Moss was trying to get in touch with Donovan. During that time, Randy decided to give the Patriots the weekend to give him a better offer and they did just that. Tom Brady got involved and the Patriots came in with a much better offer. The second offer from the Patriots was more than anybody else was willing to pay, so that sealed the deal.

G. COBB'S WEBSITE

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

That was probably are only chance

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Good. Now we can focus on talking those crazy Arizonian's into a reasonable trade for Fitz. I didn't want Moss after seeing how easily our D shut him down, (pathetic Raven's D too) As soon as he gets tight bump and cover D he stops trying. Maybe cause he knew Brady would check down to Welker but with LJ healthy 5 will do the same thing and that would have pissed me off all season knowing how much we spent on him.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think Moss would have made a nice fit in this offense, but I'm kind of glad we didn't sign him. I've never liked him.

5. eaglesrule4ever

Now we have to get larry fitzgerald it that falls threw i see us trying to get roy williams also.

6. I like Roy Williams, but I'd rather the eagles pick up Larry Fitz

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think McNabb to Moss would've had a nice ring to it...if you are an Eagles Phan...I think they would've been better than McNabb to T.O. (in the "Glory" Days...)

Roy Williams? WHat has he done?

8. eaglesrule4ever

I like roy williams to he has alot of size and he is one of those really good young widerecievers that we need he would be so much better if he wasnt catching passes from jon kitna.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Two wr's down.....two to go? Doesn't any top wr want to play with Donovan?:icon_cheesygrin:

10. eaglesrule4ever

They all do, randy moss did!

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Probably not, they know they have to eat Mama McNabb's Chunky Soups..

12. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Damn, would have been nice. Especially with us hearing so little about the Cards and Eagles talking.

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

If Moss did and Stallworth did....why didn't they sign? They don't want their careers about ended like TO's almost was?

14. eaglesrule4ever

haha, not T.O was just a selfish little punk he could be satisfied with being a great nfl team.

15. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Yes, Owens' problems were all caused by McNabb.:icon_rolleyes:

Let's see...

If you read the article, you'd see Randy Moss considered us. But it makes more sense that for the same money, he'd rather have Brady throwing him the ball.

As for Stallworth, the Eagles shifted their focus on defense the first few days and he slipped through the holes.

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

hmmmmmm...not sure here guys....thinking McNabb might have something to do with this. I can see where players would want to be on a team with Westbrook as the other weapon....so what's the hold up then??

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

OH...MAMA McNabb has some good ones....MMMMM MMMMM GOOOOD! :drool:

"HATE ME IF YOU WANT TO...BUT I LOOOOOVVVVE MEEEEE!!!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-P54I6PfBI"]YouTube - Terrell Owens: I Love Me[/ame]

I love you too T.O. :icon_thumright:

Not a fan of Roy Williams...he's all hype...

However...I would rather take the "hype" and Roy Williams over DJ Hackett...

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Plus when we win the super bowl I don't wanna have to listen to all my pats fan friends say it's cause we took their team.

Remind me again where someone saw we were even looking in Stallworth's direction this year? He didn't want us? I must have missed that one

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

hey glassman, do you think you could possibly stop trying to bait people into rants ? wrong forum pal. :icon_cheesygrin: