The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree.

What I 'm asking is before Moss signed, The Cardinals were going to make him the highest paid WR in the league. I wonder if that still holds true now that Moss has signed or whether they need to up it now. Before Moss signed, Fitzgerald was holding them "hostage." Moss is getting $1.3M/year guaranteed...

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

the longer the cards wait to deal fitz the less they are going to get unless they have plans to redo his deal in a way that makes him happy.

the eagles have the means to make a trade with the cards.

3. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

how much is Owens expected to make this year? wonder if this will fuel some fires down in the big state

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh, i'm sure owens and rosenpuke have talked since the moss signing.

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

you cant trade compensatory picks.

6. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

My point was that if we give up our own 4th rounder, we don't lose too much since we have two picks at the end of the round.

As for Owens, him speaking up is the second (only to the the Lito trade) thing I'm most anticipating.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Lito and a 2nd is pretty damn good but if it will make Ariz. get a clue and stop sabotaging themselves then I'm cool with them throwing in a 4th OR Justice

8. Greg Brosh

i just can't see the Eagles giving up first round picks.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

they did it to get mcdougle.

nothing makes sense when you deal with bidwell.

10. Greg Brosh

And first-down freddie lol

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Which are two reason why I doubt they will do it again :icon_sad:

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

god i hate that c**k sucker !!!!! :icon_evil:

i liked lurie's comments during the samuel press conference where he said they are not going to shy away from being agressivie because of prior moves that may not have worked out as they planned.

13. Greg Brosh

It's a different story when the Eagles talk about being "close" in a bad division in a bad conference.

It's another story when you are a last place team and the only team that didn't make the playoffs.

I really think the latter shook them up royally.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hope it did shake them up.

15. eaglesrule4ever

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Larry Fitzgerald
    Roy Williams
    Chad Johnson

Who Else?

Why not Anquan Boldin?

17. eaglesrule4ever

If you are reffering to me i don't know why atleast i show evidence with the stuff i post i just show people information so if you dont like reading it just block me then because i like other peoples thoughts on information and its not my fault i like looking at possible scenario if thats the case i also heard the bill might trade lee evans for the right price but it wont happen, so guy just relax im pointing out possible scenarios.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wasn't being a smart butt. I was listing possibilities at the WR position...as were you. I can see how that post may come across as being an butthole. Not it's intention...yet...:icon_wink:

I was just asking, if they can't get Fitzgerald, why not try for Boldin?

19. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Is that the right link, er4e? It's not working for me.

I think their intention is to keep those two together. If we can't get Fitz, I doubt we're getting Boldin(especially when Larry is the one giving them problems).

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah Fitz escalating salary is what's killing Az. Otherwise I don't think anyone would expect to be able to trade for either. My top 5 list goes
    Fitz
    Fitz
    Walker if he passes a thorough physical and MRI
    Roy Williams
    Keep what we got and get Fitz next year when AZ REALLY can't afford him. My fear is them convincing him to restructure so they can afford him for 2-3 more years.