Favre Tells Packers He's Retiring

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by n1gbpackfan, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Damn, I didn't expect it. There goes a man, who was the face of the Pack for almost two decades, more time than many other players spend in the NFL. He brought me a lot of memories, good and bad.
    Thank you Brett!

And for the haters, just celebrate - he ripped your teams a lot of new buttholes. I celebrated that too in the past :icon_mrgreen:

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Brett told Mort that he was just tired of the studying every week and trying to play better than the week before. He feels fine physically.

I always figured that it would be an injury that forced him to walk away. :eek:hboy:

3. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

4. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Great news for us Bears fans.:icon_lol:

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

damn. this is crazy. as much as i hate him, i love watching him play, only good thing about this, i feel it takes away a contender in the nfc, which is good for dallas.. but i didnt wanna be saying it for this reason, i totally expected brett favre to be in uniform next season.

6. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

About freaking time!

Man I'm so happy he is gone, now the young guy can take over, But I do take my hat off to him for lasting so long.

7. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I respect Brett Farve for what he did for the game of football and what he accomplished. He was a class act player that actually played for the love of the game instead of how much money he could make. The league would be so much more entertaining if it was filled with players of his character and dedication to his team. I for one will am saddened to see such a great player retire and it won't be the same watching the Pack on the tube anymore. I give mad props to one of the greatest QB's to play the greatest game on earth.

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

:dunce:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Time for the Aaron Rodgers era to begin, lol.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Can't get worse than the Grosman/Orton/Giese/....................... era :icon_confused:

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

with the way he played against dallas when brett went down, i wouldnt be making jokes about that.

12. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

* "Favre Tells Packers He's Retiring" *

Ha-le-heck-in-lu-yah!!!!!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

13. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

about damn time...they'll be better off letting Rodgers get in on the ground floor with a proven team around him...

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Well he will always be remembered as one of the elite quarterbacks, but if I was a Packers fan I would be a little bummed, but at the same time i'd be glad its finally time to start new in Green Bay re-build and see if Aaron Rodgers is the answer.

15. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Favre is da man! I don't know if there's gonna be a Packer like him again

16. favre_fan_4_lf

favre_fan_4_lf Starter

Yea he was great for his time. If it wasn't this year it would have been next. Time for Rodger to step up and fill his shoes.

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Bummed? - just a little bit. It must happen once, so it came not totally unexpected, even if I thought he would come back for a final season

18. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Now the 49ers will never get a chance to beat him, darn it!

19. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

yeah. but consider dallas was prepared for favre, not rodgers.

20. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

end of a great era i will miss watching him play on sundays