Favre Tells Packers He's Retiring

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by n1gbpackfan, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I will miss watching Favre also. I will miss his passion for the game and how he seemed to truly love playing the game. I certainly understand that Favre enjoyed all the riches, wealth and fame that went with football but it always seemed deep down he was like a kid truly "enjoying" the game.
    A great career comes to and end and a sure first vote HOF'er. Best of everything and God Bless.....

2. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Wow, 1 game and he's amazing. Mission accomplished. :dunce:

Yeah, Rex is just terrible. :icon_rolleyes:

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Well considering what Bears fans have had over the course of history at QB Rex is probably above average.:fool:

I'm sure you think Jim Mcmahon is a legend to?

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

fact of the matter, he played really good in that 1 game.. prolly better then any bears QB ever. haha.

5. Brett Favre will probbly still be around the packers, he'll be 50 years old harrassing the qb at training camp.

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

7. Inclulbus

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nice Incubus!! Like that Favre signature...

Great picture by Dougerrr too!!

9. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

MOTHERFREAKERS! FREAK ME!

Favre is coming back. If not, I'm pulling a Virginia Tech on the world.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll definitely miss Favre! He was a great guy, great player and fun to watch. Nothing more needs to be said. Perhaps the greatest of all time!!

As for the Packers situation now...nothing changes. In a division with Jon Kitna, Rex Grossman and Tavaris Jackson...Aaron Rodgers stands a real good chance of winning that Division with the Packers. Still the best built team in that division...by far.

11. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

You'll be lucky to win 5 games with Aaron Rodgers as your QB.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh boy... :icon_lol: :icon_redface:

:icon_rolleyes:

Based on what?

Favre had $12M left on his contract...$600K on the back end. So what do the Packers do with $11.4M towards the Salary Cap once those retirement papers are finalized?!?

:shock:

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

If you think the Packers won't win 5 games in that division with the good young players on offense and defense then you're more of an idiot than I thought. I'd say 10-6.

14. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:icon_salut:

Thanks for the mamories.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He is ......

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvDOHYy49V0"]YouTube - ESPN Soundtracks with Brett Favre[/ame]

Here is a cheesy Brett Favre Tribute...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPtmyHBoYug&feature=related"]YouTube - BRETT FAVRE TRIBUTE[/ame]

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

yea the soundtracks was cool and that tribute was cheesy as hell...

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

One of the Cheesiest I've EVER seen.

I'm going to miss that old lug!!!!

I can honestly say he was one of my favorite players. I got to see him a couple times in Philly.

19. Inclulbus

and thats still more wins then the bears will get.

:shortbus:

20. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

its a good day to be a Lions fan we finnaly have a chance at beating the packers now