Who's The Most Overpaid NFL Free Agent So Far?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 3, 2008.

?

Who's the most overpaid NFL free agent so far?

1. Justin Smith, DE, 49ers - 6 years, $45 million

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Randall Gay, CB, Saints - 4 years, $17.8 million

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. Donte' Stallworth, WR, Browns - 7 years, $35 million

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Bernard Berrian, WR, Vikings - 6 years, $42 million

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Jerry Porter, WR, Jaguars - 6 years, $30 million

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Alan Faneca, OG, Jets - 5 years, $40 million

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. Tommy Kelly, DT, Raiders - 7 years, $50 million

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  1. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

You think if ben didnt get that TD, Hasselbeck was gonna drive the seahawks 99 yards or something? Prolly would've ended with a Porter Safety, Steelers ball, and they score a TD with the good field position. Thats just my assumption, there was no way Seattle won that game, anyway. Maybe youre sick of hearing... McNabb was paid off, throwing the same INT two plays in a row, to a wide open Rodney Harrison. I don't remember Big Hype Ben, as you call him.. ever doing that in any game. So don't hate on a proven QB, until your boy gets a ring, which.. will prolly be two thousand, never. Now you can come back with all the Romo jokes you want too, but that doesnt matter to me, cause.. fortunately, he hasnt been in the league as long as mcnabb, to be talked about not getting a ring.

Back on topic, I picked Jerry Porter, he didnt get paid that much, But the Jaguars are a running team, and as Consistent as Garrard was.. adding wide receivers to make them throw the ball more, is just gonna bring down that consistency, i believe. And that in my opinion, could hurt the Jaguars more then help them, although they needed WR's.. so a good signing by them, just feel its the wrong move, if anything, they needed a WR thats gonna take pressure off of fred and MJD.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

:bsflag:

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

[​IMG]
    Stats don't lie and neither does game film. Seahawks got robbed and Ben got handed a ring. I'm done on the subject because I don't wanna hijack the thread and I learned long ago you can't convince a Steelers fan the truth on the matter.

Thanks for coming in and adressing ONE play that the refs got wrong. How bout hasselbeck's first half TD that got negated on a BS call and every other crappy call that when Pitt's way.
    Boy you mention overpaid and over hyped QBs and a Cowboy fan speaks up.... What a surprise.

SHOOOT!!!! Ok NOW I'm done. I promise.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i went with tommy kelly

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Randall Gay has done.....???????

Lol @ Big Hype Ben. Donovan can come look at Ben's ring any time I'm sure.

6. flam253

flam253 Starter

mcnabb is black therefore he is more superior than big ben

7. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Didn't know Rush Limbaugh joined the forum.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's actually the midnight green that makes him superior. :icon_cheesygrin:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Retarded. You're correct...the game films don't lie. The Seahawks got called for penalties, the Steelers got called for the exact same penalties. Everyone fails to mention the 3rd and long that the Steelers converted on a pass to Heath Miller...called back because of a push off...same exact penalty on the Seahwaks. What else you got phigles? The hold? Handful of jersey not a hold? I'll give you the call on Hasselbeck's tackle...

Get some new material. Your crap is played out...and it doesn't hold water. But then again, McNabb can't hold his water either...so it would be expected.

:STEELERSSIGN:

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I like you 86, and I understand your point of view. Can we just agree to disagree?

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

sure. i also agree that you didn't watch the game so closely.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

ok - let's all take a step back from the big ben - mcnabb discussion.