NEW MOCK AND RANKINGS

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mouse, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mouse

mouse Starter

OFFENSE
    http://www.football.com/nflheadlines/mike_mccollom_draft_rankings-offense.html

DEFENSE
    http://www.football.com/nflheadlines/mike_mccollom_draft_rankings-defense.html

MOCK
    http://www.football.com/nflheadlines/mike_mccollom_mock_draft.html

1st Round

1. Miami Dolphins- Chris Long DE/LB Virginia
    2. St. Louis Rams- Jake Long OT Michigan
    3. Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
    4. Oakland Raiders- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
    5. Kansas City Chiefs- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
    6. New York Jets- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
    7. New England Patriots (From 49ers)- Vernon Gholston DE/LB Ohio State
    8. Baltimore Ravens- Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
    9. Cincinnati Bengals- Keith Rivers LB USC
    10. New Orleans Saints- Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
    11. Buffalo Bills- Derek Harvey DE Florida
    12. Denver Broncos- Ryan Clady OT Boise State
    13. Carolina Panthers- Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
    14. Chicago Bears- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
    15. Detroit Lions- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
    16. Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
    17. Minnesota Vikings- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
    18. Houston Texans- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
    19. Philadelphia Eagles- Dan Connor LB Penn State
    20. Tampa Bay Bucs- Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina
    21. Washington Redskins- Phillip Merling DE Clemson
    22. Dallas Cowboys (From Browns)- Branden Albert OG Virginia
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Sam Baker OT/OG USC
    24. Tennessee Titans- Aqib Talib CB Kansas
    25. Seattle Seahawks- Kenny Phillips S Miami (FL)
    26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Calais Campbell DE Miami (FL)
    27. San Diego Chargers- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
    28. Dallas Cowboys- Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
    29. San Francisco 49ers (From Colts)- Quenten Groves DE/LB Auburn
    30. Green Bay Packers- Antoine Cason CB Arizona
    31. New England Patriots- Pick Forfeited
    32. New York Giants- Reggie Smith CB/S Oklahoma

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I don't see the Eagles taking a linebacker at all in this draft, especially not in the first round/day. They already have three young linebackers starting, another young LB wouldn't solve anything.

With the players on the board during the 19th pick, according to this mock, I think the Eagles would consider Merling, Baker, Campbell (Reid loves addressing the lines in the first round), or Phillips (Dawkins is in his last year and we need his successor).

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Don't care much for this one at all. I'll start at the top....I think the Fins pick will either be Jake Long or Matt Ryan.....Kenny Phillips falling to 25? Unlikely imo .....Dallas taking a G at 22? Talib falls to 24? I still think Brohm goes to Chicago.....and where in the hell are the WR's? Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, Desean Jackson....I'm thinking all 3 go in the 1st round.

4. mouse

mouse Starter

FINS VERY WELL COULD GO WITH EITHER OF THOSE 2 GUYS, I THINK JAKE WOULD BE MORE LIKELY THEN RYAN RIGHT NOW. I WENT BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN BOTH LONGS THERE. IF JAKE WENT FIRST I THINK THE RAMS WOULD THEN TAKE CHRIS. THERE IS NO DENYING CHRIS LONG ISN'T IN THAT MIX WITH THE FINS THOUGH AND HE DEFINITELY FITS A PARCELL'S TYPE OF PLAYER.

PHILLIPS HAS BEEN FALLING ALL YEAR. HE'S STILL MY NUMBER 1 SAFETY BUT IT WOULDN'T BE SURPRISING TO SEE HIM FALL OUT OF THE 1ST ROUND ALL TOGETHER AND POSSIBLY NOT EVEN BE THE 1ST SAFETY TAKEN.

ACCORDING TO ONE OF MY DRAFT SITE PARTNERS WHO HAS VERY LEGIT SOURCES WITHIN THE COWBOYS ORG, THEY ARE LOOKING AT O-LINE AND CB IN THE 1ST ROUND HARD. HE IS USUALLY SPOT ON ALWAYS WITH HIS COWBOY SOURCES. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER HAS THEM TAKING A RB IN THE 1ST, BUT ACCORDING TO HIM THEY WILL LOOK FOR RB AND WR LATER ON AS OF NOW.

TALIB COULD GO A LITTLE EALIER MAYBE, SOMEWHERE IN THE 15 TO 25 AREA.

OT IS BY FAR AND AWAY THE BIGGEST NEED FOR CHICAGO. NOTHING ELSE IS EVEN CLOSE AND THEY NEED TO COME AWAY WITH A STARTER IN THIS DRAFT. BROHM COULD DEFINITELY BE POSSIBLE BUT IT IS MUCH MORE LIKELY THEY LOOK TO TARGET SOMEONE LIKE FLACCO WHO THEY SEEM TO REALLY LIKE OR HENNE IN THE 2ND ROUND. I WOULDN'T RULE OUT A POSSIBLE TRADE UP MAYBE INTO THE LATE 1ST FOR BROHM THOUGH.

A WR OR 2 COULD SNEAK INTO THE 1ST ROUND, BUT I WOULDN'T GIVE ANY A 1ST ROUND GRADE. THEY JUST HAPPENED TO FALL A BIT IN THIS DRAFT. KELLY AS LONG AS HE CAN EVENTUALLY WORK OUT FINE AND JACKSON I THINK WOULD BE THE MOST LIKELY. SWEED IS COMPLETELY OVERRATED. THERE DEFINITELY ISN'T A WR WORTH A TOP 20 PICK THOUGH AND I STILL SEE A TON OF MOCKS HAVING SOMEONE LIKE KELLY GOING #11 TO THE BILLS.

WELL MERLING AND CAMPBELL I DON'T BELIEVE REALLY FIT THE TYPE OF DE'S YOU USUALLY SEE THE EAGLES BRINGING IN. BAKER I THINK MORE THEN LIKELY WILL BE PLAYING GUARD IN THE NFL SO THAT KIND OF RULED HIM OUT THERE. PHILLIPS WOULD FIT A NEED, BUT LIKE I SAID ABOVE HE HAS PROBABLY DROPPED OUT OF VALUE THERE.

WITH THEIR NEEDS AND THE VALUE AVAILABLE THERE I THINK THAT IS THE BEST PICK FOR THEM. CB WOULD HAVE BEEN UP THERE BUT THE SAMUELS SIGNING DEFINITELY TOOK CARE OF THAT. THE EAGLES HAVE HAD PRETTY WEAK LB CORE FOR QUITE AWHILE NOW. GAITHER IS PRETTY SOLID BUT I DON'T SEE BRADLEY OR GOCONG BEING GREAT BY ANY MEANS AND THEY HAVE LITTLE TO NO DEPTH BEHIND THEM. CONNOR IS THE TYPE OF LB THEY NEED, TOUGH, INSTINCTIVE, GREAT MOTOR, CAN PLAY ALL 3 LB POSITIONS, AND PRETTY MUCH INSTANTLY BECOMES THEIR BEST LB.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I don't see why the Titans would take a CB, especially with the needs they have at WR, OG and TE.

6. mouse

mouse Starter

THE TITANS ARE DEFINITELY ONE OF THE REAL LEGIT OPTIONS YOU COULD SEE A WR BEING TAKEN IN THE 1ST. KELLY WOULD BE THE MOST LIKELY I THINK FOR THEM, BUT WITH HIM NOT WORKING OUT AT EITHER THE COMBINE OR THE OKLAHOMA PRO DAY YET THAT CONTRIBUTED INTO HIM DROPPING SOME.

AS FOR GUARD THEY JUST SIGNED (JAKE SCOTT *EDIT) SO I WOULDN'T SEE THAT AS A 1ST ROUND NEED AND THERE IS NOT ANY WORTH TAKING THERE ANYWAYS.

THERE ISN'T A TE IN THIS DRAFT THAT WILL SNIFF THE 1ST ROUND. I'D LOOK FOR THEM TO FILL THAT NEED A LITTLE LATER ON WHERE THERE SHOULD BE SOME DECENT TALENT AVAILABLE.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just a note....the Titans just lost Jacob Bell to the Rams. They signed Jake Scott but the Titans could still be losing both starting OG's if Benji Olsen retires. Eugene Amano and Leroy Harris will more than likely battle it out to start, but if a top-flight talent is available and is ranked higher than a WR that is available then it wouldn't shock me. I also think they might think twice if the right DE is available. There is no way they can feel comfortable with a Jevon Kearse/Bryce Fisher rotation on one side.

8. mouse

mouse Starter

YEP SORRY, BRAIN FART. JAKE SCOTT IS WHO I WAS THINKING OF.

I THOUGHT ABOUT DE AS WELL BUT WITH KEARSE BACK FIGURED THAT WAS ENOUGH TO LOOK A LITTLE LATER ON THERE FOR SOME DEPTH.

9. BigBuckeyeFan

BigBuckeyeFan Team Veteran

I think Derek Harvey would be a good pick for the Bengals at 9 but I also could see them getting Kentwan Balmer or Derek Harvey at this spot too

Best case scenario for the Bengals is Gholston or Ellis drop to 9 or Dorsey drops because of those health issues

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Damn I would much rather get Ellis or Gholston at that spot instead of Dorsey and all his injury problems. I would also not mind seeing us trade down some out of the top ten to save some cap space when signing the pick

11. srjdad

srjdad Starter

I am hoping that New England does not pick Gholston from Ohio State. Hoping that Broncos trade earlier to get him. We need good young linebacker replaced Al Wilson.

:icon_smile:

12. mouse

mouse Starter

I COULD SEE HARVEY BEING THE PICK, THEY ARE GOING TO NEED SOME HELP AT DE FOR SURE, BUT RIVERS IS DEFINITELY THE HIGHER RATED PLAYER OF THE TWO AT THIS POINT. BALMER I THINK WOULD BE A PRETTY BIG REACH THERE. HELL I WASN'T EVEN ALL THAT HAPPY PUTTING HIM AS HIGH AS 20 IN THIS MOCK.

13. BigBuckeyeFan

BigBuckeyeFan Team Veteran

Yes I agree that Balmer is a bit of reach here but some people are high on him, but I hope they get Harvey or Rivers

14. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

Wow, that draft is not very realistic (you usually get grilled for saying 'crap' draft, as it is down to opinion, and no-one's opinion is wrong yadda yadda). Dallas taking a Lineman at 22 with Aquib Talib still on the board.?! Not taking Felix Jones at 28?! Where the hell are the WR's?!

15. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

:qft:

16. M1LEHIGH

M1LEHIGH Backup Clipboard Holder

I know you cant possibly think that Gholston will play MLB in the NFL....if he plays LB at all he will be a pass rusher in the 3-4 scheme......Nice to see another broncos fan on these boards, but that was not where close to being believable...lol but welcome to the boards.

17. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

I doubt we'll be taking Stewart at #16 now that he's had surgery. If by some stretch of luck he dropped into the 2nd round, I bet we'd trade to swap with the Dolphins to take him. Stewart in the 2nd would be a steal

18. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Jonathan Stewart had toe surgery and is out 4-6 months.

He's likely a 2nd or 3rd rounder, now.

I'd drool to have the Bears take him.

BTW mouse, reading your posts in CAPS in this thread is giving me a headache. :icon_lol:

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i want to punch a baby when i think about sam baker in a steeler uniform....especially with cherilus and albert on the board

20. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

This mock starts and ends with were Matt Ryan is drafted.
    Also not 1 WR worth the first round? thats questionable atleast.

Also am i the only one that thinks that when a supposed expert can only ever produce a 1st round mock it's a bit dodgy,