The Official Washington Redskins Thread

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by HailttRedskins, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Yup :icon_sad:

2. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Starter

Hackett just turned down an offer...

So wud i be right in sayin that were lookin for a #1 receiver in free agency and a O-Lineman in draft??

What about a CB for draft, Aqib Talib possibly??

3. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

Stop reading mock drafts you dumbbutt. Do you have any sort of idea of who these guys are?

4. Ridin Burgundy

Only offering Hackett a pretty cheap deal makes me thing we are still very interested in in a trade for someone but I could see us having to wait until draft day to possibly see something happen.

For me the order of need for us is,

DE
    OG
    CB
    WR (only this low because I expect us to do something in a trade)

I don't care who we have at CB if we can't get pressure on the QB they will all be made to look bad. There are teams in the league who have worse corners than us who have better production simply because they get more pressure from the front 4. We HAVE to adress the DL in the first 2 rounds.

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Hackett can suck one anyways, were gonna burn Seattle this season, hell have fun getting wacked by Landry.

6. Ridin Burgundy

I thought he went to Carolina?

7. HailttRedskins

Yeah I just read it, were bound to play them in a couple years, so same situation.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

9. HailttRedskins

Your team on the other hand Ward, not so lucky.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

safety tandem yes, secondary, no.

taylor and landry reminded me of wes hopkins and andre watters in their hayday.

scarey. :icon_eek:

11. Ridin Burgundy

Good to hear there was 100% attendance at the 1st day of OTAs

12. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

13. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

This is my guess on the 53 man roster, I certainly think Mason sticks, he'll never last on the PS:

QB (3): Jason Campbell; Todd Collins; Colt Brennan

Brennan has shown enough to easily beat out Derek Devine for the #3 job.

RB/FB (5): Clinton Portis; Ladell Betts; Rock Cartwright, Mike Sellers; Marcus Mason

Mason will make it, I don't think they'll get away with hiding him on the PS leaving only one true FB in Sellers.

WR (6): Santana Moss; Antwaan Randle El; James Thrash; Devin Thomas; Malcolm Kelly; Billy McMullen

I expect the team to keep 6 receivers but I thought the 6th would be Anthony Mix. He's missed time in camp and now has bust a rib and in the meantime, McMullen has taken his chance and possibly his roster spot.

TE (3): Chris Cooley; Fred Davis; Todd Yoder

Jason Goode makes the PS.

OL (9): Chris Samuels; Pete Kendall; Casey Rabach, Randy Thomas; Jon Jansen; Chad Rinehart; Stephon Heyer; Jason Fabini; Andrew Crummey

Todd Wade is the "shock" cut here. They need an extra interior OL for depth and Crummey has held up well in pre-season so can back-up at G and C. It's either him or Justin Geisinger for the last spot IMO. Fabini makes it over Wade because he can play G or T, Wade plays RT and that's about it, he proved he couldn't play G last year. Devin Clark makes the PS.

DL (8): Cornelius Griffin, Andre Carter; Jason Taylor; Anthony Montgomery; Kedric Golston; Chris Wilson; Lorenzo Alexander; Demetric Evans

Some hard calls here, Rob Jackson could well steal that last spot off Evans but Evans can move inside and plays some DT too so that might save him. Eramus James goes to PUP, Daniels on IR, Jackson on the PS.

LB (7): London Fletcher; Marcus Washington; Rocky McIntosh; HB Blades; Khary Campbell; Matt Sinclair; Alfred Fincher

Fincher could yet get replaced by another addition but thus far has looked ok.

CB (5): Shawn Springs; Fred Smoot; Carlos Rogers; Leigh Torrence; Justin Tryon

Tryon has not impressed in pre-season but I think he just sneaks on and plays a lot on teams. Him or Leigh Torrence could be displaced by Matteral Richardson though.

S (4): Laron Landry; Reed Doughty; Kareem Moore; Chris Horton

Vet Vernon Fox misses out.

K (1): Shaun Suisham

P (1): Durrant Brooks

The rookie beats out the veteran in Derrick Frost.

LS (1): Ethan Albright

14. Ridin Burgundy

I have it (almost) exactly the same only with Richardson over Tryon.

Unless he shows more in the last 2 games I hope they go talent over a draft pick and I think Jackson makes it over Wilson at DE as it stands.

15. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

hi guys. Hope Portis chunks up yards this year. IM tierd of hearing hes an injury prone.

16. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Ive searched all day for a stream for the Redskins vs Panthers game.

Anyone found it?

17. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Nope, I haven't renewed my streamtv subscription yet so not watching there. I'm listening live on espn980.com.

18. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

yea thats what im doing.

19. Ridin Burgundy

Same.

Jansen:icon_sad:

20. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

??? he got injured?