The Green Bay Packers Thread

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by ollysj, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

I havent been on here in the longest time. You guys probably dont remember me but thats ok. Ill stop by when I have time, I gotta say though what a great situation the Packers are in with Rodgers ready to come in and play, I do think he will play all 16 games next year and injuries wont be a problem.

I would also like to add how great it would be if Rodgers turned into the Packers Steve Young and I do think he has the mechanics to do it too with his above average arm strength, very accurate passer, good vision, mobile, can throw on the run. I just like him as a qb and with MM he will do some good things.

Expectation of Rodgers next year:3000 yards, 25 TDs, 12 ints, maybe thats teh homer talking in me but I can see it.

Expectations of the team next year: 10-6

2. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

You lot happy about Tracy White being re-signed?

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He was basicly a special teamer and did a good job there, but I don't know if he will ever be a help for the LB

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brady Poppinga's little brother is in this years draft...I assume it's his little brother. Can't imagine there is more than one of those guys running around...

5. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

LOL no doubt - talk about a strange name!

6. Skarecrow7

Skarecrow7 Rookie

Ya know, every time we here Poppinga we think of Toppanga from boy meets world. It then goes into jokes about how he would be able to cover the tight end better if he would spend less time having s*x with Cory (clean version)

7. PackersFan34

PackersFan34 Starter

ya they are all youngins so i think that it will take Rodgers a couple of years to adjust but he will do just fine!

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

From my understanding, Brady's a good player? Anyone know anything about his little brother?

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He is IMO

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

11. n1gbpackfan

Got it last week when it came out!

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

13. Skarecrow7

Skarecrow7 Rookie

Ok, we got at lest 4 primetime games yet everyone is doubting us since Favre retired. At WORSE I see us going 8-8 looking at the schedule, but even that might win us the north.

14. n1gbpackfan

I'm thinkin more like 10-6.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I can't see the Pack worse then 9-7

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Patrick Lee, Brain Brohm and Jordy Nelson on day 1. Since I didn't follw the NCAA, how would you rate this draft so far?

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think it was an EXCELLENT second round for the Pakcers.

Jordy Nelson is a very versatile player. A little inexperienced but he has great hands, cuts very quickly and most likely will be a possession receiver for the Pack. He could be a "gadget" guy for the Packers, having played QB and S before moving to WR full-time for his Junior year. He has a lot of potential.

Brian Brohm, had he come out last season, could've arguably been a top 3 pick. Great accuracy leading to a real high completition percentage. Very good footwork and mechanics. He doesn't have a huge arm, but he won't really need a huge arm in that system they run in Green Bay.

Patrick Lee, I thought went a little early, I thought there was better talent at the CB position available, however, he has size and speed, he can return kicks. He is a project at the CB position.

All in all, I think they had a good Day One.

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I hope you're right dude

I really wonder that we didn't pick more players for the secondary.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

They picked Matt Flynn, LSU, QB...

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Exactly what we need.... :icon_confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.