The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

STOP IT...

Did he really???

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

According to the Eagles' site, he's still William.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

what possessed him to change it in the first place?

4. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

im not so sure on my sources,but why the heck do people change there name so much.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why did he do it in the first place?

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

If I remember correctly Tra was a nickname he adopted fully in college and then he decided he didn't want to be known by his nickname anymore.

7. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

G-Cobb is reporting that the Birds have taken a liking to Vanderbilt OT(surprise,surprise, a lineman :icon_mrgreen:) Chris Williams. The birds could eventually us Willaism at LT and move Justice back to RT, where they(as well as Osi Umenyiora) feel he is better suited.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

not a surprise.

9. eaglesrule4ever

would be a better fit

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Williams a lot...I was reading up about him for the Steelers first pick.

The Eagles always take Linemen in the first couple rounds...it could be a great fit for them.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i don't really have an issue with the eagles taking linemen in the 1st round, just pick the right guy.

12. eaglesrule4ever

I hope we dont get Jeff otah though, Personally i think he has a poor work effort and he isnt the athlete the eagles would want to have for screen plays he would fail terribly at setting up a screen. I think he will be like damien woody in the nfl, or like shaun rogers which has a bad work effort.

13. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

damien woody WAS a pro bowler with new england....

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:yeahthat: Too bad it isn't any easy thing to do. They hit the jackpot with Big Shawn though.

15. eaglesrule4ever

Hasnt been able to do anything lately shaun rogers was a probowler but he hasnt done nothing lately, Because he is over-weight and i think Jeff otah will become lazy just like shaun rogers, I was only trying to make a point.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

true, andrews was a sweet pick. but looking back, reid has only drafted 11 o-linemen. man, for some reason i thought it a lot more than that.

when you look at the players taken by reid you'll see the majority are defensive players, most of whom amounted to nothing.

i'm hoping this current group that reid & company drafted defensively continues to gell. they could make up for a lot of prior flops.

i want gholston !

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

it seems like it is a lot more than 11...

here are some quick stats on the eagles last 5 seasons in the draft...

43 Total Picks.

30% of those are Starters (5 coming from the '05 Draft)
    25% of those are Backups or Special Teamers
    32% have found a home on another roster
    13% are not in the league any longer...

87% of the Eagles Draft Picks are of NFL Talent...that's a pretty good percentage. 55% are still on their roster...not bad.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

that 85% can be mis-leading. making an nfl roster is one thing. being a productive starter is another.

a lot of our winning came from players drafted by ray rhodes and tom modrak. as those players left and reid's pick filtered in the team's sucess lessened. sorry, i'm just not a reid fan. i put alot of my team's failures on his shoulders and i believe rightfully so.

but, the last couple of drafts have put some players on the field. now it's up to those players to make plays.

then we have to hope that the eagles other biggest issue doesn't dictate a season. the head coache's stubborness with play calling.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I honestly hope that we can get Malcolm Kelly from OK. He's big, strong and has great hands. He doesn't have break away speed, but he does have the skills that a young TO showed.

Aside from that, AR has showed he knows what he's doing. Do I disagree? Yes. Did I throw crap at my TV when they announced Freddie Mitchell, heck yes. But when I saw things like Brian Westbrook and Chris Gocong(homer), i'm content! But the odds of us drafting an OL in the first round, better than average. The odd's of me being content with the first pick, average. As long as it's not another QB! ;)

20. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

When I heard the news that they were looking at Earl Bennett, I almost threw up in my mouth.

What a waste of a draft pick that will be, especially if they take him in the second round. Let's see how many Pro Bowlers they miss out on in about 5 years.

The Ocho to Dallas rumors are starting to pick up. If this happens, the FO better not keep saying they will even win the division because that move would keep Dallas at the top for the next 3 years.

Secondly, if the move happens, that smoke you smell in the air is coming from the lake of fire that the fans have started in Philly.