Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea I remember watching that game live, got the whole season on my ipod.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

How'd you get it on your ipod? That is awesome!!

3. Crowned

downloaded the .torrent of the 2005 the season and super bowl and all and converted it to .mp4

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

where can i find that torrent??

5. Crowned

i got it from isohunt.com "Steelers: Road to Super Bowl XL"

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

i'll check it out...

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

cedric wilson got arrested. maybe we can cut him now. not just from the team....with a knife. i hope the police beat him into submission

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ladies and Gentlemen...YOUR CINCINNATI BENGALS!!!!

:eek:hboy:

K-Train...

I was thinking about your criticism of Willie Parker. I rewatched a couple games and some highlights of last season and after watching I felt you're not giving Parker enough credit. We all agree the the Offensive Line was horrendous last season, through that, Parker made a lot of crap happen. Granted he gets cut down in the backfield every so often and doesn't have the power that Bettis had, but the guy has pretty good vision...and boy the speed is ridiculous.

To lead the league in rushing through 14 weeks of the season with that O-Line should hold some weight...he averaged 4.1 per carry...which isn't so bad and still wound up 4th in the league carrying the rock.

My point is, Parker doesn't always go as the O-Line goes...he does make some stuff happen...

Just my opinion...

I also watched Super Bowl XL highlights off of the NFL Network...Hines was ridiculous...

WHat do you think...welcome Haggans back? I would at a cheap rate...

9. Crowned

As far as Willie Parker goes, he still has room to grow but I hate that 10-13 of his runs are just 1 yard no gain runs and then he breaks 3-4 big ones, I want a runningback that can consistently get yards every carry so we will see what Willie does this season.

Source: Steelers.com

:icon_cheesygrin:

10. K Train

highloghts arent gonna show you what i mean, highlights show just that....his highlights.

His vision sucks, and he cant catch...but i can live with that cause he is fast and he runs hard. the leading the league in yards is a very very very twisted stat because when he was leading he had well over 50 carries more than anyone else, but was only leading by like 12 yards....his ypc was disgusting, and yet they just kept wearing him down

11. Crowned

I wonder who will step up and fill that 4th wr spot, whether we pick up someone via FA, get a decent rookie wr, or a current Steeler wr will fill the void. I don't trust Willie Reid at all.

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I still say he isn't an every down back. They have over worked him and I think injuries will catch up with him. Break away speed and potential big play every time he has the ball but..he isn't Barry Sanders. I'd love to see the Steelers grab another running back and share the time.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

They still have that Dallas Baker on the roster...they drafted him last season. He was on the practice squad most of the year.

This is my thoughts. If all of the O-Linemen that the Steelers have on chart for that #1 spot...

Jake Long
    Ryan Clady
    Chris Williams
    Jeff Otah
    Sam Baker
    Branden Albert

...if these guys are gone...I don't have any problem if they drafted James Hardy out of Indiana if he were available. 6-6, 220 pounds. Great size! If Jonathon Stewart were available...wouldn't have a problem with that either...

14. K Train

theres some matt jones rumors floating around which make me kinda sick to my stomach.

and i love willie, but we do need another guy. not neccesarily a "powerback" like most steeler fans scream for....which is one of the most overrated ideas ever, right up there with a tall WR. cant just give any fat dude a ball and call it a power running game. A power running game is all about the oline. the eagles have a power running game because that line straight up moves people. If we got chris johnson from ECU who ran a 4.23 i'd be thrilled, cause hes slippery...which willie is not, hes elusive....which willie is not and hes got great hand and is a hell of a returner. all of this kinda went out the window with the moore signing which might end up being a great thing.

Also, davenport is a very capable backup, i love him on this team....but dont count out davis, who is a hell of a runner and russell who is also a badbutt...not to mention a bruiser. these guys might just need the opportunity to step up

15. Crowned

Dallas Baker isn't going to be anything he wasn't even good in Florida .. I'd be suprised if he sees the field during the regular season.

Matt Jones is the most talented receiver the Jaguars have I don't see why that would make you sick to your stomach hes an absolute monster.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've watched the full games. He's got vision. That offensive line was horrible and he was making things happen. He had 12 runs over 20 yards. Not bad! His 4.1 yards per carry, isn't so bad...it's second to LT with backs that have over 300 carries. He was second in attempts per game, but you can't fault him for that, that's the Steelers Offense.

I'm not saying that Willie is the best in the league. I just think he deserves more credit.

17. K Train

hardy is a snitch imo, we dont need that....dont let his height overwhelm you. if we dont take oline i want Merling or Groves.

The only WRs i would take in the first round are sweed and kelly. theres way to many wrs though. we could have a shot at dexter jackson, lavelle hawkings, early doucet, or even bowman in the later rounds. theres to many WRs this year to reach for a tall cat like hardy.

Jake long is good but hes looking at top 3, clady and otah will be gone...i freaking hate otah, hes a fat slob piece of crap. and i will punch a baby if we take sam baker. chris williams or branden albert are really our only good choices for oline in the first round imo.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

UGH...Matt Jones??? What's the other half of that rumor? I liked him out of college when Cowher was coaching...I don't know about now.

I like Davenport a lot. I wanted him a long time ago when he was first a free agent and then went back to the Packers. I am also VERY excited about Mewelde Moore. He can catch, run, return...he'll be great as a 3RD Down Back.

They have ton of under developed talent at RB on this team. I'd like to see some of it pan out...

Parker
    Davenport
    Moore
    Russell
    Davis

Chris Johnson reminds me of Brian Westbrook...

19. K Train

he didnt even start. hes another bum who got drafted so high because hes a workout warrior. he cant run routes and his hands are crap. he wont make the team this year with reggie williams, jerry porter and (they signed someone else???)

please please please dont fall into the trap of thinking hes great cause hes tall

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree with that...but I think he is still on the roster...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.