Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he'll always make his money on 20+yard runs, but he also had a ton of negatives. he gets stood up alot and his vision is not good, its average at best. hes a downhill runner, he runs hard, but hit the hole and go is his style. and our line wasnt nearly as terrible at run blocking as it was at pass blocking....im telling you, even when our line was badass, he wouldnt do crap against teams like SD and JAX and BAL...but davenport could....his body shuts down against defesnes with any talent....most RBs can rip through the browns or the bengals for 150. its when things get tough that willie proves why he wasnt drafted

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Falling into a trap? no sir, thats your opinion don't try to force it on others. I've seen him play several times at the college and pro level hes def. a talent and has great hands. He never gets playing time because of the issues hes had with Jack Del Rio. I personally think Matt Jones would be a force on the Steelers team in the outside or inside and if they did pick him up (I don't know the rumor) you wouldn't be disappointed after next season, but we may never know if it never happens.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've seen Hardy play a few times and he reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall. He's got great size, he can get off the line, runs good routes, can block and can get downfield. Has a lot of potential. He's a 4.59 guy...so his speed is a little slower than some of the others.

I like Sweed, but I really like Malcom Kelly. I like Kelly a lot.

I defintely want to address the O-Line in the first round...but I don't want to draft one for need. I want a good one or move on to the next position. If Merling is available, I could see them reaching for him.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Best available athlete is probably what Steelers will draft. It's been stated before by all of us here that there are no "glaring" weaknesses but there are places that can and should be adressed.

5. K Train

hes a bum dude...his route running is truely pathetic and if he had any potential of being great we would have seen it by now. he was a first round pick cause of his good combine numbers and nothing else...chalk him up in the bust column

6. Crowned

we're just going to agree to disagree on that one, I'm sorry you think you're all knowing when it comes to players, but you're not. No one is.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bettis, Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, LJ...they all get tackled for losses...and Tomlinson gets tackled for losses a lot!

This past season against New England he had 124 yards on 21 carries and 100 yards on 14 carries against Jacksonville. He's not as bad as you are making him sound...

8. K Train

lol stroud, henderson and peterson were out....and everyone thrashed NE and there old dying defense on the ground.

i dont mean to sound like a hater cause im not, im just tired of being let down, he needs some help back there and up front...hes not the kind of guy who is gonna do it on his own

9. Crowned

He gets the big runs on 1 or 2 drives (4-5) carries a game, I want a running back that can keep drives going Willie can't keep drives going with his consistent -1,1,and 2 yard gains.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm all for that.

11. K Train

its not even like that, we just got rid of an overpriced bum...do you think a former first rounder is gonna come cheap? its just getting ourselves in the same boat for someone who has ultimately been a major let down

12. Crowned

I just think he hasn't had chances, last season he got in 1 game for most of the game due to a injury and he had 100+ and 2 touchdowns, other than that he rarely got to see the field, hes a big playmaker in my eyes. I would only want him if it was a 5th or 6th round pick we were giving up though, I'm happy with our receiving corps right now but to me Jones is a playmaker. (We just ain't going to agree on that one so i'll drop it)

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

you said jacksonville...:icon_lol:

i agree 100% that he should not be back there by himself and that they are over using him. they have a capable supplement on the team in davenport and now a third in moore...tomlin just needs to get them on the field. parker is one of the top backs in the league, but like most of the others, he can't take or deliver a beating that a jerome bettis could. that's what we are used to...a lot of teams never had that luxury. there aren't many backs that can do what the bus did. parker did a good job last season for being overworked...i think if the o-line can improve and they get him some plays "off," he can be even better this season.

I would do that deal in a second!

14. K Train

jerome really hasnt been the guy that delivered a beating in a while, he shared alot of carries his last 3 years.

also, there will never be another bus....he was a fatman that could run, but he wasnt always fat, he was jacked coming out of ND and the thing that seperated him from the rest was his grea vision and absolutely sensational footwork. he could pound it at them, but he had a badass line when faneca was actually worth what he is getting aid now and jeff hartings was at his best. alot of steeler fans scream for a "powerback" which just infuriates me, cause we were spoiled by the bus, those kind of runners are just rare.

i hope moore turns out to be something

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

i think moore is going to be a real nice addition to the return game as well as the running game. i think that was a good pick up...a sneaky good pick up!!

i may be more excited to have him return kicks and punts than to actually play the rb postition. although his pass catching ability is going to be huge on 3rd downs out of the backfield!

bettis demolished people in 2004...

16. Crowned

I'm way more excited about Moore as a runningback.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Return game for me...something we haven't had since Randle El left...

18. K Train

swing passes for me...something we havent had since...ever

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

yeah...that's going to be some nice little mismatches for moore and roethlisberger...

20. Crowned

The receivers on Pittsburghs roster (as of 3/20)

Hines Ward (1)
    Santonio Holmes (2)
    Nate Washington (3)

--------
    Willie Reid
    Dallas Baker
    Jeremy Bloom
    Matt Trannon
    Gerran Walker

Willie Reid would be the #4 and the other guys other than Baker would probably be in the practice squad I think we need to bring in someone or land a wide receiver in the 2nd/3rd round of the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.