The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

personally i do not see kelly being there at #19 and if the eagles move up enough to get ah ead of new england i see them taking vernon gholston.

if not i see maybe taking wr devin thomas from mich state. he's 6'3, 218lbs, has a verticle jump of 28" and runs a 4.40 fourty. plus he returns punts.

i'm telling you this kid is going to be good. putting up the numbers he did at msu is impressive.

as far as the fraudie mitchell pick. reid had modrak over ruled on that. i beleive tom want tj housmenzada (sp) instead. the draft in which we got westbrook, sheppard & brown was modraks last with us before reid really started taking the decison making away.

not that modrak always had it right because he wanted tim couch. :icon_eek:

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i don't think they take a defensive end early. i think they like what they have in howard, cole, abiamiri and clemons.

offensive tackle all the way in the first round. i will actually be surprised if they DON'T take one.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used Lito and traded up the pick.

4. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I think Kenny phillips might be a guy we are looking at very closely, also we need depth at FS. Phillip can be dawkins successor after he retires,which is very near. Kenny phillip plays alot like Dawkins, Phillips has some monsterous hits which we all love to see. But more importantly he is a well-rounded FS, It seems like a realistic option and im all for it. He likely wouldnt see action next year which andy reid loves.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It's going to be a Dl or OL in the first round, it's what Big Red does

6. DawkinsINT

Why are you a Mets fan, Duke?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eagles fan and Mets fan...

interesting combo there...

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I grew up in Jersey and just always hated the Giants. I know it's an interesting combo. That and I was a huge Gary Carter fan as a kid and he came to my house. So, gotta love those amazin's!

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Is there a way to put the Mets' side of you on ignore, but still be able to see your Eagles' side posts? :icon_mrgreen:

We can be friends during football season, I guess.

10. DawkinsINT

Gary Carter came to your house? Please tell the story. I always loved Carter but I think of him as an Expo, not a Met.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Our neighbor's dad worked for the Mets organization in the 80's and I was a huge Mets fan. In 86 I was only 5 but was a huge Mets fan as my parents and family were all Mets fans and it just kind of carried over. Plus I'm obsessed with the game in general and I used to want to be a catcher because I idolized Gary Carter. He was talking to Carter about his kid's during Spring Training in 87 and my first game was a Mets Yankees game during that spring in March. I got his autograph and was excited and stuff. Then like 2 weeks into the season my doorbell rings and there stands Gary Carter. Aparently he told Carter that I was a huge fan and he was in the neighborhood(Paterson, NJ) for some function and stopped by and said hello. It was probably one of the coolest things ever.

And to the Eagle fans, that's the last Met's story I tell so we don't have to fight! :)

12. DawkinsINT

Mets fan or not, that's a great story. :beerchug:

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

One of the highlights of my childhood. And in 89 I went to a Mets Giants game when he was the Giants catcher and he remembered me and got me some autographs before the game. it was pretty sweet.

14. DawkinsINT

That's awesome.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

But what's important is the birds! And that they find a way to draft Malcolm Kelly!

and DeSean Jackson=Freddie Mitchell

16. DawkinsINT

This really should be a Freddie Mitchell free thread.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

hahaha. I agree. But then we couldn't talk about Jackson. But I would still like to thank his hands!

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

FRED EX...

I just saw him recently at a Golf Course in the Lansdale, PA area...

19. DawkinsINT

Thanks, Howard! :icon_lol:

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was awful...