The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'm starting to become somewhat of a fan after this and The Departed. Titanic scared me off for a bit, I guess.

2. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I shouldn't admit to this but, I just watched Enchanted. It wasn't my type of movie, If you like a fairytale-chick flick then you'll love it. Way too much singing and lovie dovie crap for me.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

gridiron gang

4. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

just saw "Hard Candy" for the first time... wow :icon_eek:

brutal... but freaking LOVED it

can't say i feel sorry for the peddo scumbag

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I loved Hard Candy. I did feel a bit bad for the pedo. That's how good the movie was. Ellen Page was amazing.

6. ParanoidMike

yeah, she did one hell of an acting job there. there's definitely a few times that make you cringe, but like you said that's what makes it so effective

disturbing and hard to watch, but very well done. definitely worth the 10 bucks

7. DawkinsINT

I think the whole reason she was up for an Academy in Juno really stemmed from her performance in Hard Candy. That's what put her on the map. The way she transformed from innocent girl to someone with vengeance with incredible.

8. Chef Dawg

Chef Dawg Chef Jimmie

"I am legend"...AWESOME!!!!!!

"The Bros." Dumb, stupid, but has some funny parts in it.

9. Vyse314

Vyse314 Slayer of beasts!

"havoc" - anne hathaway shows tit. twice. nuff said

"no country for old man" - pretty good. ending came out of nowhere. the wife of the guy who finds the money is freaking gorgeous. mexican moe howard rules

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Watched Lust, Caution, the other day. Pretty good overall.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

watchesd starnge r than fiction

i enjoyed t and thought it was funny

12. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Watched Into The Wild last night, I have mixed feelings about the movie, it was looooong and not very exciting. In saying that it kept my attention and finding out it was a "based" on a true story makes it quite amazing. I'd say if you have 2 1/2 hrs to kill then give it a shot. Overall not a bad movie.

13. DawkinsINT

I kind of feel the same way. Some people told me that I would be blown away by it. I wasn't. I did enjoy it though.

14. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

From what I was told about the movie I guess I had too high of expectations for it. The movie could have been an 1 1/2 hrs and probably would have been better. Dragge don too long.

15. ParanoidMike

watching "Gone, Baby, Gone" again... so far this is my favorite movie of 2007. even thought it was better than "No Country for Old Men."

16. DawkinsINT

I have No Country For Old Men, but I haven't popped it in yet. Probably will this weekend.

17. ParanoidMike

i liked it, didn't love though. it's good to see the Coens get back to what they're good at, but it won't rank up there as one of my favorites. might grow more on me over time. some of their movies can be like that.

i do have to say the bad guy in it is pretty bad butt. i laugh thinking of Ron referring him as playing "The Terminator" role :lol:

18. DawkinsINT

Do you have a favorite Coen brothers movie, Mike? Mine flip-flops all of the time between Fargo, Big Lebowski, and Miller's Crossing. It generally comes down to the most recent one that I've watched of the 3. :icon_lol:

19. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Fargo and the Big Lebowski are awesome never seen Miller's Crossing though

20. DawkinsINT

You really should remedy that then.