David Garrard: What You Might Not Have Known

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Jammin Jaguar, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Basically, I watched an interview with David and found out some things about him that I never knew, so I thought it'd be good if you could all have a look at the life of David Garrard and find out what type of man he really is. There's a lot more to him that just a 'One-Year Wonder QB'...

Source: Wikipedia

2. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

David has ben great i would have never thought he would lead us to playoff victory after seeing that game agaisnt the titans two years ago

3. Jammin Jaguar

What I found most interesting was about his background, his injury in 2004 and the death of his Mother when he was 14. Very saddening but shows you what a good guy he really is. He is a true role model and you'll never see him DUI or smoking marajuana I bet.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

minus the ies, and just add a Y. shouldn't be plural.

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he'll get more then one before his career is done and they can put the ies on victory. and right now he has more playoff wins then romo

6. I would have waited before you signed him to a top 5 qb contract after all he wasn't spactacular I know he only threw 3 interceptions but only 18TDs. Also he equaled his season total of interceptions in 2 playoff games. I don't think he will ever be great but he will be solid for the next few years. I think the Jaguars got a little to anxious with the amount they gave to him. I hope it works out though.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I saw an interview with he and his wife last season. He seems like a good dude.

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

He also has one of the worst recieving corps in the league. I agree it was a risk, but it shows the organization is willing to reward hard work, and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the league

9. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

Very true david is a hard worker, hopefully reggie will continue to improve and jerry porter can provide some decent production, also marcedes lewis will become more of a weapon for david

10. Jammin Jaguar

Source: ESPN.com

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Oh, Then Romo? Didn't see Romo's name anywhere in this post till then, But you are talking about the guy who has 1 less playoff appearances in his 1 and a half seasons, then the Raiders do as a organization,.. since 2000? And More then likely, will tie it up 3-3 after this season.

I'm just saying Garrard probably will have more, just I don't feel he is that good. just my opinion on it though. The AFC South is gonna be a lot stronger, and so is the AFC as a whole, so he's gonna have to do a lot more then rely on the run game and not throw INT's. Not throwing INT's is great, how he did it.. but in the future, they're gonna have to rely solely on his arm a lot more often I think, then they did this past season... and his true colors will then show.