UPDATED 1ST ROUND

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mouse, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mouse

mouse Starter

http://www.football.com/nflheadlines/mike_mccollom_mock_draft.html

1st Round

1. Miami Dolphins- Jake Long OT Michigan

2. St. Louis Rams- Chris Long DE Virginia

3. Atlanta Falcons- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

4. Oakland Raiders- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas

5. Kansas City Chiefs- Matt Ryan QB Boston College

6. New York Jets- Vernon Gholston DE/LB Ohio State

7. New England Patriots (From 49ers)- Branden Albert OT/OG

8. Baltimore Ravens- Ryan Clady OT Boise State

9. Cincinnati Bengals- Sedrick Ellis DT USC

10. New Orleans Saints- Keith Rivers LB USC

11. Buffalo Bills- Leodis McKelvin CB Troy

12. Denver Broncos- Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

13. Carolina Panthers- Derek Harvey DE Florida

14. Chicago Bears- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

15. Detroit Lions- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

16. Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

17. Minnesota Vikings- Phillip Merling DE Clemson

18. Houston Texans- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State

19. Philadelphia Eagles- Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

20. Tampa Bay Bucs- Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

21. Washington Redskins- Calais Campbell DE Miami (FL)

22. Dallas Cowboys (From Browns)- Aqib Talib CB Kansas

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College

24. Tennessee Titans- Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee

25. Seattle Seahawks- Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Lawrence Jackson DE USC

27. San Diego Chargers- Kenny Phillips S Miami (FL)

28. Dallas Cowboys- DeSean Jackson WR California

29. San Francisco 49ers (From Colts)- Quentin Groves OLB Auburn

30. Green Bay Packers- Antoine Cason CB Arizona

31. New England Patriots- Pick Forfeited

32. New York Giants- Dan Connor LB Penn State

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Why would the eagles take another corner when they have samuels litto and brown.

3. mouse

mouse Starter

DO YOU EXPECT LITO TO BE BACK?

4. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Even if he's not, that's 3 young corners, one of which will end up pissed about his playing time.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Lito will be gone. Enough said. Don't even bother with the talk that the team is keeping him.

And don't give me this "Move Sheldon to Strong Safety garbage. It's not going to happen.

Past Brown and Samuel, they have Hanson, who is decent, but i would rather they draft another CB for depth and the team has a great track record with secondary players. Plus, I am sure the team doesn't feel comfortable with who they have past Hanson.

Did Jenkins return kicks at all? The only reason I ask is because I would rather they draft a corner who has return skills as well. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

6. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

He did in his freshman year (I think). Also, you wouldn't draft someone in the first round for depth.

7. Roque

Roque BANNED

This attitude suggests you assume you draft players just based on current needs. In the long term, he would start and could do so for ten years. Certainly no reason to pass on someone just because they would be 3rd on the depth chart at the present, you draft for the long term.

8. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

You don't draft in the first round for "depth". In today's NFL your 1st round pick NEEDS to be an impact player or at least a starter. They don't pay these guys multi-millions to be 3rd on the depth chart.

9. ball in the baskett

Even if he isnt samuel and brown arent old. We have other position that we need to fill that are more in need.

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I agree with you on the fact that Reid is good at drafting DBs, but I'd rather take a player who would contribute and fill a hole we have now or next year such as WR. Hell, put those two ideas together and take Phillips to replace Dawkins next year.

I think even if the player we want in round one doesn't return kicks, we'll find our "2 for 1" guy later in the draft. This team struggled too much in the return game last year for Reid to flat out ignore the problem.

11. ball in the baskett

Can asante samuel return kicks?

12. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_lol:

Maybe he could, but 57 million dollars and a starting spot is telling me he's not going to see any time on special teams.

13. ball in the baskett

I think i saw him return some kicks for new england maybe its just my imagination.

14. Greg Brosh

When you are Andy Reid you do. Shawn Andrews and Broderick Bunkley are the only 2 players I remember under Reid that were drafted for immediate need. And Bunkley didn't even play his first year.

The year they drafted Sheppard and Brown, they still had Vincent and Taylor as their starters. They could have used someone last year with the #26 pick, but what do they do? They draft for a "future" need.

This team rarely drafts for "now". Which is why I know they won't draft a receiver in the first this year because they have 2 aging tackles to deal with after this season. Plus, Dawkins is up there too.

I see either CB, S, OL in the first round. And all signs point to an OL

15. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I can see an OL too, but I could care less if they get a WR. That way the Giants can sweep them again next year.

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

the Eagles had 2 Pro bowl CB's when they draft Lito and Sheldon early. The Value DB's above every position sans Dline and Oline. I would not be surprised with them taking a CB and Lito is gone, mark it down

17. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Lito is a good corner, I honestly don't see why you guys want him out of there so bad.

18. mouse

mouse Starter

ESPECIALLY WITH HOW MUCH PT NICKEL CB'S GET.

TRUE THEY DO, BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT WHAT IS AVAILABLE. O-LINE IS PROBABLY THE TOP PRIORITY THEY ARE LOOKING AT FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD, BUT THEY ARE ALREADY TAKEN FOR THE MOST PART. I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED TO SEE THEM TRADE UP FOR ONE.

19. Greg Brosh

i think it would be great if they could fit all 3 corners, but you can't do that.

Lito is griping about his contract, yet he can't stay on the field a full 16 games. i would rather they trade him for something than keep him and listen to his snitching all season. to me, he doesn't deserve the money he wants when he can't play a full schedule.

as soon as they signed Samuel, Lito was good as gone.

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

with as much spread offense has infested the NFL, having 3 good corners is not a bad thing