Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

For a lower second round pick...after his antics, it could be debatable...3rd round pick...gobble him up. I think if he was there with the Steelers 2 pick...a later round pick, I'd take him. I go no where near him now with that #1 pick...

I think I would be in the same thought process as you! However, a few of my friends that moved out that way absolutely love it, they wake up, do the games, have some crap to do in the afternoon at 4pm...eat or whatever and come back for the "late" games.

You have no "lag" time. But I'm sticking with the EST!!! No offense...

:icon_wink:

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_563435.html?source=rss&feed=9

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

If there is no O-Lineman worthy of the 23 pick, this is where I would like them to look next...

I think Campbell is more of a second round pick...but I'd be happy with one of the other two in Round 1. Merling I teeter back and forth on...he's got some real nice strengths, but some real bad weaknesses as well...

4. Crowned

Albert is worth the 23 pick if he somehow was to slip, we badly need a OG, I'd still rather stay o-line in round 1 rather then defense even if Albert isn't there but a difference between us getting a OG like Albert and an OT like Cherilus is a huge huge difference.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

honestly dline is a much bigger need, quality wise, depth wise and age wise

6. Crowned

ok im ready to do good this year, barring injuries the d-line is good to go and we can look at that next year, we need to protect that 102 M investment and that has to be fixed this year.. I say d-line in 2nd round if theres still anyone there worth it, if not we get younger on the d-line starting next off-season

7. K Train

keisel is uneffective and casey is way to fat....aaron smith is a master of his position and when he got hurt the defense went to absolute crap. balmer, langford or moore will be a steeler next season imo

8. Crowned

Yea Kiesel doesn't do crap, but Hampton penetrates often just never gets tackles or sacks but he does his job and yea Aaron Smith is an absolute beast i'd love to get the next big defensive line player.... in the 2nd round

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

1. O-Line
    2. D-Line
    3. CB

Aaron Smith is a monster. We all knew he would be missed when he was injured and it was proven just how much!

Keisel is better when he is standing in my opinion. I think he should be used the way the Steelers used Mike Vrabel at the outside position and the way the Patriots use him present day. He's a good guy to rotate in and out. I don't think he's an every down guy.

10. K Train

casey had a big drop off last year imo, he needs to get a little leaner. Keisel is a much better situational LB and special teamer and aaron smith is just an allstar

Dline
    Oline
    WR

Oline is an issue but we got alot of capable guys and not having mahan will prove to be very valuable, our quality at dline is absolute crap after those 3...one of which who isnt very good in his own right. 34 DEs are the hardest ones to find and if we can get one we better jump on that

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree with you K...however, I'd like to see the O-Line this year with the first and the D-Line with the second. If the D-Line is healthy, as they were last season, they'll be alright. Agree with your points on Mahan...stinks! He'll get cut next season.

WR in the third is okay by me - just saw Kiper's latest draft. He has the Steelers taking Malcom Kelly at 23... Yikes!

Added - not going to be upset if they go D-Line in first and a Sam Baker type in the second. Wouldn't be upset with that at all.

12. Crowned

Yea I wouldn't be upset either if we can get a quality starting o-linemen in the 2nd. I think the defense will be lightsout this year tho.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't...but I hope you are right and I am wrong!!!!

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here is an interesting article on the Steelers 7th Round Selections (which they don't have this seasson.)

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

STEELERS PRACTICE SCHEDULE

CAP SPACE
    :icon_thumright:

15. Crowned

thats good to hear about the cap room

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

D-line would be ok by me too.....as long as it's getting pressure on the qb. Steelers pass defense is better when they get to the qb.

17. Crowned

that can be said about all 32 teams lol

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

True Crowned but like I've said many times before.....our secondary needs the pressure to succeed. Look how the pressures and sacks go hand in hand with where our pass defense ranked last year. Pressure the qb and we have a top flight D.....lack of pressure and we're middle of the pack at best.

19. I would love to see the Steelers select an offensive line guy myself first and foremost, but I dont want the to reach either. If there is a quality OT or OG there they better jump on'em. Then if there isnt one left there at 23 select the next needy position on our team, maybe DE. I really love Willie Parker, but if RB Stewart from Oregon is still there and all our O linemen are gone, then I wouldnt mind that pick as well. But I also know that DT and DB needs improving as well because age is catching up with them. My sleeper DB on our team right now though is... William Gay the 2nd year man, he looked great when he got to play last preseason and made plays all along.
    :dance59:

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now that KC has two first round picks, I think there is a real good chance they could go O-Line with both of those picks...

Doing that could possibly re-establish the O-Line for Larry Johnson and potentially screw the Steelers out of Cherilus...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.