Your Teams Draft Grade (Day One)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by JAUK32, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

give your team a grade for the first day and why.

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I'd give the Steelers and A-
    They drafted talented players and addressed at least one need if not two for sure. I also feel they got steals for where they were picking. I still think there are two spots that need attention and I was surprised they didn't get an O-lineman or a D-back in one of the first two picks but I am definitely pleased with who they drafted......on paper it looks good.

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

well the raiders had one pick and we used it for potential greatness not necassarly for team need so i give us a c. now if you want to count DeAngelo Hall as the raiders 2nd rounder i give us a B

4. A+ we got chris long and donnie avery, heck the rest of the nfl

St. Louis Rams SB champs 08-09

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I give the eagles a A- tradeing down turned out to be great. We still got a good PR/WR which we needed badly and next year we have 2 first round picks. From what i hear about Trevor laws is that he is a high energy player which is always good.

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I'll say B+ for the Fins. I love Jake Long....Phillip Merling is an EXCELLENT value pick but I'm a liitle confused because he fits more of a 4-3 scheme but i like the pick just for the value. Henne I haven't seen much of but I like what I've heard and read about him. I'm pleased overall.

7. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

If it wasn't for the DeAngelo Hall trade I would be giving the Raiders an F, because they deserve it. They didn't need Darren McFadden, they have four running backs already. Granted, none is as special as McFadden, but with those guys they had one of the top running games in the entire NFL.

The Raiders made a "best available" pick for a franchise that has no business making them. They could have had Vernon Gholston or Glenn Dorsey at #4, but instead they took McFadden.

If we include the DeAngelo Hall trade as a pick, I give the Raiders a C because Hall potentially gives them one of the best CB tandems in the league. But if we are basing it on the picks they actually made, I give the Raiders an F.

Taking McFadden was a stupid, stupid pick.

As for my team, I would have to give the Bears a B+. I would have given them an A if they had traded back into the 2nd round to get one of those quarterbacks. But we needed an offensive tackle, and despite the team reminding us that it was a deep draft for o-linemen leading me to believe they were going to take a RB in the 1st round, they took the tackle. And thank god they did because five more came off the board after that in the first round alone.

We needed a RB and we got one of those too. We got a big, strong, fast back that is good enough to start or at least compete with Benson.

I;m not used to my team addressing needs on draft day. They tend to create needs on draft day that baffle fans and experts alike. It was nice to see the Bears make the picks that the fans wanted them to make for once.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

best so far

Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Miami

Worst

Detroit, Minnesota & St Louis

9. Roque

Roque BANNED

I assume you are going by actual picks only.

If you however work on the fact that Minnesota have actually in effect added Jared Allen as well, I fail to see how they are amongst the worst.

I'm not a fan of what the Panthers have done really, not so much because I dislike the picks, but more because they burned a first next year to get Otah.

10. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

We made the best picks to get us to day 2. And if I hear the Klye Boller experiment is over again I may well puke. Screw it and forget about it. BB made the biggest mistake that cost this franchise big time. And his Job. So be it. Let it go cus Ozzie has 9 picks today and we will be ok.:icon_cool:

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah Jared Allen does make up, but the pick they made is sooo nonsensical that it thwarts them downward.

They signed Madieu Williams and Michael Boulware, but trade away a 4th round pick to move up and take Darren Sharper's backup. That borders on insane, imo

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I'd have to give the Titans a C so far. Chris Johnson is a nice pick, but IMO we had a glaring need at WR that needed to be addressed and we failed to do so. I don't like the pick of DE Jason Jones in the 2nd round though. I think that was a bit of a reach for him.

13. Roque

Roque BANNED

Don't agree. He might be his backup to start with but eventually he will replace Sharper. How is it insane to address a long term need at a position that will need to be replaced sooner rather than later?

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'll give the Cowboys an A (Call me a Homer, whatever)...we got the RB we wanted to team-up with the Barbarian, a CB just in case Pacman doesn't get re-instated and who will be ready for 2009 when T-New will be long gone, and got a pretty nice TE to replace Fasano.

I hope we address the WR position in day two. T.O. and Glenn aren't getting any younger, and Crayton is NOT a #2 WR.

15. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

I'd give the Cardinals a B+. Cromartie was a good pick at 16, he has a ton of upside, I'm glad we drafted a CB in the first rather than the 2nd. I have a feeling Calais Campbell will end up being a steal in the 2nd. Up until this year he was projected to be a top 5 pick, and we needed a big, dominant defensive end for our 3-4. We do still need a faster RB to split time with Edge, but I'm glad Whisenhunt isn't taking the big name, flashy players just to please the fans.

16. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I give us a C, Although Long is a superb pick, taking Donnie Avery with the 33 was a massive reach and we could of easily got him with our 4th Rounder.

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I Give Dallas a B+, the first two draft picks were awesome, although mendenhall dropping down that far, should of got him instead, but i'd of taken either one. The CB is perfect, just the TE pick, it's okay.. as said in the original draft thread, idk anything about him, but the highlights ive seen he looks like a solid wall, but has some mobility and a few good bursts of speed. Just I feel Manningham, or Early Doucet would've made a lot more since, besides.. Tony Curtis caught 3 passes last season, all 3 touchdowns.. why do we need a #2 TE??? lol jk on that part. Im gonna say though, a lot of teams had good drafts.. I feel the NFC East as a whole, should get a A+ in drafting. The Skins picked up so much offensive talent, the Giants got great picks at positions they need, the Eagles trading down worked out for them, still got them to a point where they got their offensive weapon in dasean jackson. It should make the division even more great then what it already is to watch, when we all square up against another.

18. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

^QFT^

We got a corner, but I feel Mendenhall should of been ours. :icon_confused:

And similar in the second round, Mario Manningham would of filled a small hole.

I give a B for the Dallas Cowboys.

19. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I give the Skins an A

We got 2 big Wide out with should help Campbell and Davis I think will pair well with Cooley.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd give the Steelers a solid B. That B could quickly move to an A in my book if they add a lineman or two. Maybe a Roy Schuering at G or a Oniel Cousins at T and follow that up with a CB or S (King, Godfrey, Zbikowski)

They definitely got a lot of value out of their picks in my opinion.