The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15414&spadaro=1

now see, this kind of spin bullcrap is what gets on my nerves. i highlighted one certain part of this story to point out the garbage this staff tries to shove down our throats. so jerry rice came into the league right around the same weight as desean jackson at 170 eh ? funny because i thought he came into the league at 6'2 and just over 190lbs.

i'm gonna try and give this kid a chance to prove the critics wrong but i've said it before, when we take players that have question marks they never work out.

i really think we are seeing the eagles stock piling draft picks for a big run. they have what it takes to resolve the wideout situation - whether they will do it this year or not is yet to be seen but do something man, this is the last run with dmac and dawk, give them the best chance.

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

It was a regular xbox, andy reid was talking about it and said that his older brother stole the xbox and framed him for it.Im not really worried about this, he should be fine. Hes gonna be one hell of a player in this league when he gets healthy

3. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

so did they sign Bowman or not?

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

dawk will probably have his last year but i think mcnabb will be back.

5. he stole my xbox

6. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

It's bullcrap to say that any player we pick with a question mark never works out. When is the last time any draft pick was a "sure thing"? Every player coming into this draft has their question marks. Look at Brian Westbrook. We took him despite his small stature and history of injuries. Did that not work out? It's not as if small players haven't made it in this league (see Steve Smith(.

So Freddie Mitchell broke your freaking heart. Get over it. Not every WR coming out of the draft is first-down-Freddie. Jackson is small, but he wasn't playing against midgets in college. The fact is that he was the fastest player in this draft, and at worst he will help stretch the field as a slot receiver and dramatically improve a special teams that single-handedly lost us at least one game last year. He's got the potential to be a Steve Smith and/or Devin Hester and we got him with our second (or even third if you consider that our first pick was technically used on a first rounder next year) pick of the draft. Why complain about taking a first round talent who fills a position that is a dire need for this team? If it was a first round pick I could see where you're coming from, but this was a good value pick for the Birds.

Is this Dawk's last year? Yes. Is it McNabb's last with the team? Probably. But to make it seem as if the team hasn't done anything to get McNabb a number one target is asinine. They sent offers to Arizona, but nothing reasonable would have gotten him away from the Cardinals. They made a better offer to Moss than the Pats did. They've done everything right this offseason, imo, and I'm happy with what we're going into the season with given the circumstances.

7. ball in the baskett

Im a big fan of jackson i think he will do just fine for the eagles.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

DeSean Jackson should be fine for the Eagles. My initial instinct is that he's not the ultimate answer for the Eagles at WR, but I feel like he will be a real nice contributer to this team...especially in the return game. Which was a nightmare for the Eagles last season...an utter nightmare! That alone makes Jackson worth the pick.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, wtf is your problem ? :icon_eek: i clearly stated i'm going to give jackson a chance, i mean there's nothing, in that particular statement that could be interpruted differently. in fact, here's my post from ONLY ONE page ago where i gave my assesment on the draft.

so, again, i'm not really sure why you're directing this angst my way but hey, if it makes you feel better i'm glad i could help. :icon_cool:

IMO i feel i'm 100% right when i say we have a history of taking players with question marks that do not pan out and that does not only pertain to the reid era. to get angry over that statement is just freaking silly. now while steve smith is the popular example of a small guy making it at wideout in the nfl, he is 16lbs heavier and he has only played a full season twice in seven years.

i love this draft picks are a crapshoot theory though. banner & reid love to use that one as well. sorry, my issue isn't so much with taking jackson (a decision that i have gone on record as saying was a good pick - you must have missed that though) - i take issue when my team which has come up short too many times and finishes 8-8 last year but then elects to drop out of the 1st round for the 2nd straight year while the super bowl champs use theirs and the team with the best record overall in the nfc had TWO picks. by the way both teams are in our division. here was talent we could've taken at #19 but again there is NO sense of urgency.

yes, they have made attempts this year but historically speaking they have done d**k aside of two seasons to give mcnabb a #1 so sorry if i'm a tad critical of the front office on this subject. i'll be sure to praise them in the future as if they have done eveything they could have.

10. ball in the baskett

Yea i think so to and you never know he could be the next steve smith. Only time will tell i cant wait to see him on the field.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Woah. Some drama going on up in here.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

so is everyone ready for mcnabb's swan song season with the eagles ?

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i love Philly. we kill ourselves as much as we are killed by our teams, only us experienced Philly fans know the Flyers are just setting you up right now. LOL

14. DawkinsINT

ESPN is about to have a feature on why they think the Eagles will be a double digit win team next year. Tune in now!!

15. Greg Brosh

Ike Reese is talking to Les Bowen (Eagles Beat Writer) and Les says Reid kind of alluded to the team looking at Lito's contract.

Says that team's were willing to do a trade, but didn't want to resign him to a new contract.

He also said that Lito's agent is inquiring with other teams and is realizing his client won't get the money they are looking for from other teams.

16. DawkinsINT

Yeah, it's looking more an more like Lito will remain. I have zero problem with that.

17. Greg Brosh

Hugh Douglas was at minicamps this weekend and said this defense looks really good. Fast interchangeable guys that Johnson should be able to use all year.

He also said Darren Howard looks really good, losing 20 pounds.

He mostly talked about the defense, not much with the offense. But he did say that McNabb looks good physically and mentally.

18. DawkinsINT

If Howard can be a solid contributor that would would be huge.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

i have to beleive the eagles would only look to re-do sheppards deal if it helps move him.

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_lol: It's all in good fun.

It would seem that way if you look at the history of this front office, but I think Reid talked about approaching Lito about a new deal after the draft. ...Maybe he meant a paycut.:icon_mrgreen:

I really hope this situation doesn't get ugly.